Ext User
    Vote Rating
    quartex is on a distinguished road

Default java Json Date

java Json Date

Hi,
    I'm using a java procedure to send data to Ext client and I have JsonReader in mygrid to display a date field with this code

PHP Code:
    reader: new Ext.data.JsonReader({

root'topics',

totalProperty'totalCount',

id'id',

fields: [

'subject''queue''resolution','status',
                  {
    name'created'mapping'created'type'date'dateFormat'timestamp'}

]
          }) 
    but I have a problem because the date displaied are all wrongs (like Sep 11, 40014, 7:40 am)
    I use Json lib to serialize a java Date object and I test the conversion for date (yyyy-mm-dd hh:mms): 2008-01-17 13:56:30.0 becomes serialized in 1200574590000.
    In another example for Json in Ext forum I see a format like this "lastpost":"1200320864"
    Is there another configuration for dateFormat: 'timestamp' to parse correctly the date field ?
    Thanks a lot for all help

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

The dateFormat config option accepts something that you would give to Date.dateParse.

A list of available options is here: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Date

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by evant View Post
    The dateFormat config option accepts something that you would give to Date.dateParse.

A list of available options is here: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Date
    Hi,
    thanks a lot for help ... but I do not found dateFormat: 'timestamp' in this options list.
    I search in help for timestamp but I do not found anything ....

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Convert the date to a real date, ie create the JSON String like this:

Code:
    out.write("new Date(" + myCalendar.get(Calendar.YEAR) + "," +
        myCalendar.get(Calendar.MONTH) + "," +
        myCalendar.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH) + ")");
    You still need a dateFormat, but that's just for the output of the data, it arrives in Javascript as a fully instantiated Date object with no need for any parsing.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Convert the date to a real date, ie create the JSON String like this:

Code:
    out.write("new Date(" + myCalendar.get(Calendar.YEAR) + "," +
        myCalendar.get(Calendar.MONTH) + "," +
        myCalendar.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH) + ")");
    You still need a dateFormat, but that's just for the output of the data, it arrives in Javascript as a fully instantiated Date object with no need for any parsing.
    After test I understand "timestamp" format is equals to "U" format (I do not find "timespamp" everywhere) and I modified Json lib to have date in seconds format instead millisecond like standard for javaa.
    Thanks a lot Animal for help

Thread Participants: 2