Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Yea, if you create a simple test project archive, i'd be willing to take a look at it to see what you may be wrong.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Yea, if you create a simple test project archive, i'd be willing to take a look at it to see what you may be wrong.
    Aaron, that would be awesome! Because I really need to get this working in a big project very soon.
    I will create a test project, thank you for the help.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    I got it working.
    Thanks anyway :-)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rgratwick is on a distinguished road

Do you mind sharing your secret to success, using touch charts in SA2.1?
    Thanks

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by rgratwick View Post
    Do you mind sharing your secret to success, using touch charts in SA2.1?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Success is a strong word.
    The Charts are still beta and a lot of basic features are missing and they are full of bugs, memory leaks etc. This makes the Charts very hard to use because there are bugs all over the place in the current version. So you don't know if you made a typo or if there is a bug.

But there is not much into getting it to work. Simply point to the 2.1 ST and you should be able to create charts.

Also, be aware that you must buy Sencha Complete for Charts. There are no upgrades to Charts available.
    Last edited by hotdp; 26 Sep 2012 at 3:26 AM. Reason: Added must buy

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rgratwick is on a distinguished road

hotdp, thanks for getting back.

What i'm try to do is get the simplest of a line chart working in SA2.1.
    I realize that SA2.1 does not yet support Touch charts, however it seems the task can be achieved using overrides from hotdp and aconrans previous posts.

To aconran.
    The documentation on using overrides is extremely thin, so I think I must be missing some key concepts because I just don't get it along with others. http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?244042 & http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?198968

1)Do you have any pointers to further documentation or examples about overrides?

2)Could you please provide some basic code snippets that show how you use an override to include a chart in SA2.1.

3)What does the road map look like to include drag and drop support for touch-charts in Sencha Touch Architect?

Thanks

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by rgratwick View Post
    1)Do you have any pointers to further documentation or examples about overrides?
    In my implementation I am not using overrides, I simply use the latest beta:
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/sencha-touch-2.1.0-b3/
    For my Library in SA

3)What does the road map look like to include drag and drop support for touch-charts in Sencha Touch Architect?
    Thanks
    Last time I asked they would like to be ready for ST 2.1 GA. But I don't know if that is still there mission/timeline.

Thread Participants: 3