Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jimmifett is on a distinguished road

Default extraParams for ALL crud operations?

extraParams for ALL crud operations?

How can I get extraParams passed for store api crud operations other than only Read operations?

Example, I have a string that i want to pass back to the server, in addition to the other Create/Update/Delete data, to validate against to prevent cross site request forgeries.

Everything is just fine with read operations and works peachy.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    nohuhu has a spectacular aura about nohuhu has a spectacular aura about nohuhu has a spectacular aura about

I don't really think that would fit into RPC concept. The idea is to have transparent mapping between server and client methods; there is no default mechanism for passing metadata. That said, it should be possible to do with some custom hacks but I doubt that it makes sense to implement on the framework level.

Also, it's not necessary to do this for XSS prevention. Typical session tokens stored in HttpOnly cookies are a lot easier to implement and they provide good enough protection. At least, I can't think of any practical scenario for XSS attack in that case.

Regards,
    Alex.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I found a solution that works excellently, overriding the remoting provider to add another base field to the json packet for every call without needing to rely on extraParams

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lpastor is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Could you give your solution I am interested...

Laurent

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

If my apps require it and set a certain flag, when I return the API, I inject a little snippet to the end of the API.

PHP Code:
        /**
        * @output true
        */

private void function useCSRF(){

WriteOutput("Ext.direct.RemotingProvider.override( { getCallData: function(transaction){ return { action: transaction.action, method: transaction.method, data: transaction.data, type: 'rpc', tid: transaction.id, csrftoken: '" CSRFGenerateToken() & "' }; } } );");

WriteOutput("Ext.direct.RemotingProvider.override({sendFormRequest: function(transaction){Ext.apply(transaction.params, { csrftoken : '" CSRFGenerateToken() & "' }); Ext.Ajax.request({url: this.url,params: transaction.params,callback: this.onData,scope: this,form: transaction.form,isUpload: transaction.isUpload,transaction: transaction});}});");
        } 

Thread Participants: 2