Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    barbara1712 is on a distinguished road

Default Cancel button on Roweditor and then call form submit button

Cancel button on Roweditor and then call form submit button

Hi All,

I am new to extjs. I am using extjs3.0. I have one roweditor in grid and one save button.
    I am getting success message in following cases
    1) When I click on 'Add Record' button on grid toolbar to add record in store and insert some data and click on update. again Add some more records. and finally click on 'Save' button (which is outside of the grid)
    Result => Success

2) When I click on 'Add Record' button and then I click on 'Delete Record' button and click on 'Save' button
    Result => Success
    I am getting Failure message
    3) When I click on 'Add Record' button, add some data and then click on 'Cancel' button. Finally click on 'Save' button
    Result=> Failed to update

On Save button, I am just submitting the form with other input field and nothing to do with Row Editor or Grid.

Please help.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Would it not be correct to disable any outside buttons until the grid editing is done?

as shown: (disabled submit)
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-3.4...rm/xml-form.js

Also, if you click cancel, nothing has changed .. what should successfully update?

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

thanks scottmartin for reply.

Actually I am having tab panel with 4 tabs..On each tab, there is a form. On one of the tabs, there is grid with row editor. Save button is present on all tabs. On clicking of any of the save button, it saves the information from all the tabs. and hence, on the tab with Grid and row editor, clicking on the 'Save' button saves the information from other tabs.

Please help your help will be highly appricaited.

Thanks in advance.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

In third case, My form is invalid..But I don't know why my form is invalid.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

In not knowing your app is configured, it would be hard to tell. As for a save button on each .. why not have 1 save button at the bottom of the tabpanel instead of 4 separate buttons?

As for your issue .. do you see any error message on this console? or is this an error returned from your server response?

Scott.

Thread Participants: 1