Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    heloWelo is on a distinguished road

Default App Stops Working - Is this a bug in the latest build?

App Stops Working - Is this a bug in the latest build?

I had a carousel working with no problems. I added a couple of items but then deleted the carousel and all other objects so there's nothing left in the app.

Then I added another carousel and another image but now when I run the app it's just a blank screen. No errors indicated but nothing shown on the screen either. This app is now unusable - nothing runs.

This concerns me. If I have to begin a brand new app every time I delete something, Architect will be unusable.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Unlikely, there are no known bugs like that.

Do you have any overrides? Are any files that are attempted to be included missing? Do you have a view marked as the initial view?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    heloWelo is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Unlikely, there are no known bugs like that.
    Maybe this is now a known one?

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Do you have any overrides? Are any files that are attempted to be included missing? Do you have a view marked as the initial view?
    No overrides - simply drag and drop. Should be no files missing as it worked in the beginning. I have an initial view.

When I shut down Architect, reopened it and did exact same thing, it worked!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bdeverter is on a distinguished road

This happens to me all of the time. It is soooooooo frustrating. You will be cruising along and everything is working fine and then all of the sudden it just stops working. You can revert all your changes or load a project you know worked before but nothing. I'll have an app work great. Shut down and come back the next day and nothing. I have wasted countless hours of my employers time dealing with this issue.

Somebody provide some answers PLEASE!

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The more information you can give us the better we can help you.

A working project on disk does not suddenly break unless its somehow been modified and/or resources can't be loaded, etc
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jbender11 is on a distinguished road

I've noticed this a number of times during my Architect development over the last month or so. I'll make a change in Architect, Save, Deploy Project and suddenly some of my buttons no longer work (click does nothing). Firebug indicates a problem but difficult to trace. After lots of hair-pulling, I've discovered that my app.js file is usually missing a store or a model (many of my containers have grids and charts in them). If I manually add the store/model back into the app.js file, everything works.

It's as if the internal Architect data structures forget some of the user defined classes and don't export them resulting in missing resources at run-time.

I do tend to make many small iterations (edit, save deploy, test, repeat incessantly until the UI looks good in all browsers).

Architect 2.1.0 build 640, Windows 7, MyEclipse 10.6.

Hope that helps somebody.

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Two thoughts:
    1) Anti-virus messing things up
    2) I have noticed that Apache on Windows 7 sometimes keep files locked (caching or keep-alive request?) and then SA is having problem saving files correctly - specially true if you are lazy as I am and run Apache from the same directory as you are working with SA in. The solution for me has been to lower Keep-Alive in Apache which mitigates the problem but don't solve it...

/Mattias

Vote Rating

If anyone is able to help us in giving reliable steps to reproduce, that would be great.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jbender11 is on a distinguished road

Default Missing stores / models

Missing stores / models

Here's a clue that might help. This may or may not apply to others situation. You can see from the screenshot of my Architect app that I have 9 stores defined and 6 models. The app.js file (MyApp.js) only has 7 stores and 5 models. This is the cause of my problem. I have to manually edit the app.js file to include the missing stores/models. Once I do that, everything works fine. So the question is why are the other stores/models not in the Application? If you need anymore info, let me know.

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Have you renamed the stores "after awhile" while developing? I have found that under some circumstances the stores are not added under Application object -> Stores. I think this is when changing the storeId where the old (generic) storeId is still listed under the Application object. I have seen this a couple of times and it sure is annoying. IIRC this also happens when renaming Views.