Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    themightychris will become famous soon enough themightychris will become famous soon enough

Default Answered: Chart/draw sprites being written with hidden="false" in IE9

Answered: Chart/draw sprites being written with hidden="false" in IE9

I have a set of charts and draw surfaces in my application that are working correctly in IE7, IE8, Chrome, and Firefox.

However, in IE9 the charts are all blank. Using the IE9 developer tool I've found that every sprite in every SVG has an attribute hidden="false". If I delete that attribute using the developer tool the sprite appears correctly, and if I do it for every sprite in a chart I get a fully functioning chart.

I'm not able to reproduce this problem with the sample charts though, so I'm left with two things to figure out:
    1. What about my application makes Ext write hidden="false" to all my SVG sprites in IE9 where it doesn't in the samples
    2. What branch of code inside ExtJS thinks setting hidden="false" in IE9 will make a sprite visible.

I don't have time yet to isolate a test case but if any Sencha support staff want to see this issue in action I can share a URL to my application privately.
    Chief Architect @ Jarv.us Innovations
    Co-captain @ Code for Philly
    Co-founder @ Devnuts - Philadelphia Hackerspace

2. I found modernizr to be the cause of this issue, and updating it from 2.5.3 to 2.6.1 seems to have solved the problem.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    themightychris will become famous soon enough themightychris will become famous soon enough

I found modernizr to be the cause of this issue, and updating it from 2.5.3 to 2.6.1 seems to have solved the problem.
    Chief Architect @ Jarv.us Innovations
    Co-captain @ Code for Philly
    Co-founder @ Devnuts - Philadelphia Hackerspace