Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dpwilson is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Cannot create app or Usergroup

Answered: Cannot create app or Usergroup

Hello,
    Are there any current issues with the servers that would be affecting the creation of new Apps or Usergroups? I have tried to create an App and Usergroup on 2 different accounts (and machines) and in both cases I receive an error after approx 2 minutes that says "there was an error. try again".

We are trying to dig into Sencha.io to see if it will accommodate our needs, but these issues are making us think twice before we have even begun.

Thanks!
    Dave

2. @dpwilson Yesterday one of the servers failed which caused app/group creation to fail. It was going very slowly, rather than not working at all, so we didn't notice until the evening. I fixed it last night.

The next release is built on all new infrastructure, which is much more resilient to failures like these.

John

Vote Rating
    Answers
    chrisabrams is on a distinguished road

What browser & version are you using?

Vote Rating
    Answers

Also, what is the name of the app/user group you are trying to create? Currently apps and user group names operate on a global basis - if someone has already used that name you cannot use it. In the next update names will not be global - you will be able to name apps and groups whatever you like even if someone else used the same name.

Vote Rating
    Answers

Both of these threads have been marked as solved.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dpwilson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by chrisabrams View Post
    What browser & version are you using?
    I was using Firefox 14 as well as the latest version of Chrome.

As of this morning I am able to create and edit apps. The app that I created is using the same name that I attempted to create yesterday so I know that the issue is not duplicate names.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    merrells is an unknown quantity at this point

@dpwilson Yesterday one of the servers failed which caused app/group creation to fail. It was going very slowly, rather than not working at all, so we didn't notice until the evening. I fixed it last night.

The next release is built on all new infrastructure, which is much more resilient to failures like these.

John

Thread Participants: 3