Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    dobermanfa is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Production Build Caching Issue

Answered: Production Build Caching Issue

Hi,

I've built an Secha Touch 2 mvc app and built it with the sencha command for production. The app uses a custom app.css.

- the first entry in app.css is ignored in the production build. Is is not present in Chrome (Win) or in iPhone Safari. If I put an empty css class definition up front it seems to work.
    - the updated app.css is not used by the iPhone Safari client. It still uses the (cached) old version. However, it seems to know that the file has changes (it is requested from the server) but the client cache is not updated (it's requested every time) and the new file is not used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks four your help,
    Falk

2. I found the problem: The mime type of the cache.manifest has to be text/cache-manifest. This was set differently by IIS.

It works with Chrome, but Safari Console reported an error message.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    cyee is on a distinguished road

It might be in localStorage

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cyee View Post
    It might be in localStorage
    That will have no bearing on this.

I have not had any issues with the cache.manifest caching things even when updated, the browser should just handle it. Do know that it will load it twice, the first time to see if it changed and for whatever reason the browser will load it a second time to cache it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

The files are not part of cache.manifest. There is only the html-file included. If I understand this correctly sencha touch does its own caching for the rest of the files (e.g. app.css). When this file changes, the html-app loads the file correctly from the server but still the old version is used.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default manifest mime type

manifest mime type

I found the problem: The mime type of the cache.manifest has to be text/cache-manifest. This was set differently by IIS.

It works with Chrome, but Safari Console reported an error message.