Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jim@carroll.net is on a distinguished road

Default BUG: delete store/model from project does not remove references from Ext.application

BUG: delete store/model from project does not remove references from Ext.application

Running latest version of Sencha Architect (2.1.0 Build 588, Release Channel 2.1-stable)

When deleteing unneeded Models & Stores, Architect does not remove the references in app.js.

For example, we delete a Store called 'Notifications' from our project (and the associated Model). Made sure there were no interface elements (nor code) that refefenced these objects. But when we do Save/Deploy of the project, Architect had not correctly removed the entries from app.js -- Ext.application.

Browsing to the 'Application' node of Project explorer, and scroll down through the Config explorer, the store and model settings each have blank entries where the 'Notification' entries were.

A quick review of app.js shows the file still referenced these now missing objects. This caused the app to throw errors on launch from within Ext.app.Application.createGetters() from the line 'parts = ref.split('.');' -- ref is null.

The solution was to delete the blank/null entry from the Config explorer -- but since it was a blank line, it felt a bit risky to click delete.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Jim -

What you've described above is definitely a bug. I can't reproduce it though. Do you have any specific steps that trigger this scenario? Simply dragging out a store/model and then deleting it, the store/model is properly removed from the App.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jim@carroll.net is on a distinguished road

Sorry -- but no.

I've seen this now twice -- so I'll see if I can develop something reproducible.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JohnMagana is on a distinguished road

Default Solution

Solution

Hi. I just encountered the same "bug" today, running Sencha Architect version 2.1.0 build 678, on Windows 8, to create a Touch application.

Clearing the cache cleared out the old app.js file.

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Ah! Is it changing in the app.js file but being cached? If you do a hard refresh or change the cachebreaker url does it always load the new file?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating
    shikhir is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Ah! Is it changing in the app.js file but being cached? If you do a hard refresh or change the cachebreaker url does it always load the new file?
    I can also validate this bug still exists on Sencha Architect 2.2.3 Build 1044

I have a project which has this bug. If you guys want, I can email someone at Sencha this project (don't want to post it as it's not a project I'm willing to share openly)

Shikhir

Vote Rating

Yes please share with us at architect.feedback at sencha.com. Reference this thread and let us know how to reproduce the bug.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    hmischel is on a distinguished road

Hi, I had the same issue today. 3.0.3.1382 Cache busting was not enough. I needed to go into chrome and clear out browsing data. But - architect is still awesome. Herb