Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    owais.zahid is on a distinguished road

Default Menu width problem in IE7 (only)

Menu width problem in IE7 (only)

I am using extJS 3.3 and having the problem with the width of the menu on IE7 strict mode (only). The width of the menu is too small to show the complete menu items.

I try to do some experiment and found this link http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...items-to-small and add the autoWidth method (with minor modifications) on Menu.js

Code:
    autoWidth : function() {
          var el = this.el;
          var ul = this.ul;
          if (!el) {
            return;
          }
          var w = this.width;
          if (w) {
            el.setWidth(w);
          } else if (Ext.isIE7) {
            el.setWidth(this.minWidth);
            var t = el.dom.offsetWidth; // force recalc
            el.setWidth(ul.getWidth() + el.getFrameWidth("lr"));
          }
        }
    It seems to be working in IE7 but i don't understand how? Please tell me is this the correct approach to fix this problem or if there are any other then let me know.

Thanks

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Have you tried upgrading to 3.4 to see if that helps?

As for the fix, this should be fine. You can always step through the code to see how it works.

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    owais.zahid is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply scott. The update to 3.4 is not possible right now. I tried to use break points and logging to see how this method is effecting the width setting. Strangely enough, the code is not breaking on break points and there are no logs. This suggests that this method is not being used at all. However, it seems to be doing the trick in IE7.

Thread Participants: 1