Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    smantscheff is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Cannot disable the disableCache mechanism - app does not run offline

Unanswered: Cannot disable the disableCache mechanism - app does not run offline

The first lines of my app.js read:

Code:
    Ext.Loader.setConfig( {enabled: true, disableCaching: false} );
    Ext.data.Connection.disableCaching = false;
    Ext.data.JsonP.disableCaching = false;
    Ext.data.proxy.Server.prototype.noCache = false;
    Ext.Ajax.disableCaching = false;
    The app compiles to the production version without errors or warnings. It loads and runs from the server. When I try to run it offline in Chrome, those errors occur

which indicate that the timestamp of the disableCache parameter is appended to the GET requests. Therefore the application does not load offline. It hangs at the "Application is being loaded..." screen. How can I enable caching and avoid this _dc parameter?

The SDK version is 2.0.1.1

Vote Rating
    Answers
    bluehipy will become famous soon enough bluehipy will become famous soon enough

Probabl everything related to disable cache should be true not false.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by bluehipy View Post
    Probabl everything related to disable cache should be true not false.
    Think again. I want to enable the cache, so everything related to its disabling should be false.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the classes that you have an error on did not get built into the build. Did you require it?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

No, the missing class was not required explicitly.
    Though it is listed in app.json under the keys /js/path and under /appCache/cache.
    Now I explicitly included it in Ext.application({requires:"..."}) where it is the only entry. The other classes are loaded implicitly.
    The error remains the same.
    --- update
    Meanwhile I included the whole code of Override.slider.Slider in app.js (urrghh) and purged any reference to the file. Now the app does work offline. But the console log in Chrome still shows this entry
    GET http://blasentagebuch.de/m/app.json?1346932076018
    I still do not understand why the timestamp parameter is appended to the file name, anyway, though I set disableCaching to false in app.js.
    Last edited by smantscheff; 6 Sep 2012 at 3:53 AM. Reason: Update on problem status