Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    hshu is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Textarea and triggerField in Ext 4.1?

Unanswered: Textarea and triggerField in Ext 4.1?

Hello guys,
    I want to make a textarea with a triggerField. But since triggerField extends from textfield, it is not easy to do. In Ext 2, there was a "defaultAutoCreate" config I could override and change the textfield into a textarea.

But how to do this in Ext 4.1? The only way I see is to create my custom triggerField class so that it extends from textarea.

Also, instead of extending from textarea, another alternative would be to somehow make a textfield display multiple lines, but I can't figure that out. ('\n' and '<br/>' won't work)

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

What would happen after the trigger .. update the current line? You could always create a container with a button in a hbox layout ...

Also .. Both triggerfield and textarea extend from textfield. You could create your own widget.

Scott.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    hshu is on a distinguished road

Hi Scott,
    Thank you for your reply!
    The trigger will open up something like a to-do list (one thing each line).
    I don't want all my to-do things to be in a single line, that's why I need a textarea.

Currently, my solution is to create my custom triggerTextArea class. It copies all the source code of Ext.form.trigger. The only difference is that it extends from Ext.form.TextArea.
    So this solution is not a good way of code reusing (too much duplicate code.)
    Is there a better way?

Also can you elaborate on "a container with a button in a hbox layout" ?

Thread Participants: 1