Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    maxycini is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Char store not working when my store field name has a combination of dot and space

Unanswered: Char store not working when my store field name has a combination of dot and space

I have faced a strange issue when creating bar chart.

when i set the store for my chart eg:

var dataStore = new Ext.data.JsonStore({
    fields: ["field1 .", "field2"],
    data: [
    {"field1 ." : "data1", "field2" : "data2"}
    ]
    });

if the field name contains both a dot and space char then the store is not working. If its only on of these char it works fine.
    So does any one knows a work around for this.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The dot can easily make it seem like it's an object and property. Workaround is to only use alpha/numeric chars in the field names, may need to use the mapping config on the field.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member joshua.ball@osi.com's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    joshua.ball@osi.com is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if there is something similar to this in the Touch framework, but in ExtJS you can set the value of useSimpleAccessors in the reader to true. This will allow the JSON key to be interpreted as a string rather than an object reference.

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.1.3/#...impleAccessors

Hopefully there is a setting like that in the reader for the Touch framework!