Vote Rating
    SunboX has a spectacular aura about SunboX has a spectacular aura about

Default New Eclipse Plugin bundled with Sencha Complete

New Eclipse Plugin bundled with Sencha Complete

Hi,

is there any way to get the Eclipse Plugin as stand-alone?

And another question, I would try to port this Plugin to Microsofts WebMatrix II IDE (http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/). Can I get the Sourche Code of the Eclipse Plugin?

greetings Sunny
    Water is coffee with javascript turned off.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

From the FAQ:

I have purchased Sencha Complete. Can I get the Sencha Eclipse plugin?
    If you purchased Sencha Complete prior to 09/01/12, renew your support subscription for one additional year and you will receive the latest version of Sencha Complete with the Sencha Eclipse plug-in. To renew, please contact renewals@sencha.com, we will be glad to help you.
    If you have Sencha Complete and purchased after 9/1/12 then you will be getting an email to download it. If prior then you will need to renew your subscription in order to get the plugin.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of

This looks very useful, but I'm trying to fathom why you'd build this and only make it available to people with a Team license? Why on earth would you want to prevent all of the people who have non-Team licenses from buying this?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of

Actually it looks like the normal Complete also provides the Eclipse plugin (which is not what the video and product page seem to indicate). So that's better, but still begs the question of why you'd limit the option to buy this at all? Many folks (like myself) are just Premium ExtJS license holders...I didn't need Touch or mobile support. This plugin would be extremely useful to everyone using any part of the Sencha platform.

Any idea if there's some sort of upgrade option for people with non-complete licenses? Even though I don't need any of the other stuff, just the Eclipse plugin would probably be worth upgrading for.

Vote Rating
    dawesi has a spectacular aura about dawesi has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    From the FAQ:

If you have Sencha Complete and purchased after 9/1/12 then you will be getting an email to download it. If prior then you will need to renew your subscription in order to get the plugin.
    Is that 9th of January or 1st of September? (Not all of us are in USA) and shouldn't that be 2011? (assuming 1 sept 2011)

And isn't a subscription, a subscription? so if i bought it 6 months ago, i don't have to renew for six months and I don't get what I would have paid for... a subscription?? Just curious.
    Teahouse Training Company
    Official Certified Sencha Trainer

Australia / New Zealand / Singapore / Hong Kong & APAC

SenchaWorld.com - Sencha webinars, videos, etc
    SenchaForge.org - (coming soon)
    TeahouseHQ.com - Sencha ecosystem training portal

Code Validation : JSLint | JSONLint | JSONPLint

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The date is September 1st 2012. The language is correct for how to get the plugin.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Mitchell, I realize you probably didn't have much to do with the decision on this, but if you could relay my confusion on this decision up the management chain, I'd appreciate it. It's just downright bizarre to me that Sencha would build a tool that would be useful to everyone, and then deliberately limit who can use it. There should be an option to buy this as a standalone product.

Thanks,

Brian

Vote Rating
    Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold

I believe my company only has the standard Ext licenses as well. We don't use architect or anything mobile. I think Sencha's hope would be for companies to upgrade to Complete for it, but I think in many cases, companies will just live without it. I know I'm not going to go to my boss and try to justify buying a ton of stuff we don't need to get something that would be somewhat useful. We have 16+ devs here working in Ext based on the number in the support portal, so that is probably 16 lost sales right there. If it was available standalone I would think I would be able to get them interested in it.

Sencha Premium Member christythomas's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    christythomas is on a distinguished road

We have Sencha Touch Complete, which includes the charts. This package wouldn't also happen to include the Eclipse Plugin would it? That would be great if it did.

I agree that the Eclipse Plugin should be something available to anyone using Sencha Touch or Ext JS. We use Sencha Touch and don't use Ext JS and are not willing to purchase the Sencha Complete package to get the Eclipse Plugin.

If you let more people use/buy the Eclipse Plugin I think you would have much less support issues being open and less question on the forums because of features the plugin provides (auto completion and error checking). And you make money on the sale of the plugin when people won't buy Sencha Complete for it, it's a win win.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough

We do have another solution for this.
    Hopefully i will able to share it in the next days .
    Stay tuned.