Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jweber will become famous soon enough

Default RSS feed for beta updates?

RSS feed for beta updates?

Is there a RSS feed that announces beta releases of Sencha Touch (and other Sencha products)? If not, it would be a nice thing to have, so we don't need to keep checking the forums.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I also agree that we need to do some sort of notification for these releases. Things have been quite busy around here so I haven't been able to do anything about it.

So let's discuss. I don't think RSS would be good as it wouldn't get to everyone, only those who want to use RSS. Can do Private Messages and people will also get an email at that point.

When you sign up, there is a field to get release updates so I will be using that when I get around to notify people.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

If you added them all to a single thread, we could just subscribe to that thread, and get the notification emails when it's updated.

Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Any action on this? I like the thread idea. We wouldn't have to wait for you to code anything - you could do this today. One thread for each product, plus another thread each for the betas. People can subscribe/unsubscribe to them as they wish. And if they're stickies in each appropriate form, it makes it easy for newbies to find the product.

It'd be a be a good place to start. Later you could add some automation that ties into your build release process to update the threads automatically so you don't forget.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    steveeshair is on a distinguished road

1. We are attempting to have all templates in 6 include responsive design. There wil be no such thing as a mobile template -- all templates work everywhere natively.
    2. SFTP access for development is deployed in the beta currently.
    3. Calendar is not a primary focus, but can quickly follow due to a re-modeled data architecture. We view a calendar as a journal with shifted presentation and an "end date".
    4. We are not focusing on forums right now, but since the commenting system and login systems are rewritten, this will be a logcal next step.
    5. This is not a focus for us right now.
    6. This is not a focus for us right now, but you can definitely write/integrate something given the level of code access you have in V6.
    7. What sort of files, are these podcasts?
    8. Not a focus for the initial launch, but obviously something we're accounting for addressing at some point.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I think you may have replied to the wrong thread.

Thread Participants: 3