Hi there,

as I wrote in that Post http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...T-applications it is quite comlicated to automate surface-tests in GXT-applications.

While for developers of GXT-applications the produced HTML is an blackbox, testers need to know how that components are assembled to do the rights actions on that components.

It would be a great help if you could provide support to create automated surface-tests. I'd love to have some classes which cover the complexity of components from my tests. For example there would be a test-class for a TextButton, thats initialized with the id of the Button-Component I want to use and that can perform all the actions I need for my tests.

Example (untested pseudocode):
Code:
class TextButtonTest {
  private String id;

private WebDriver webDriver;

public TextButtonTest(WebDriver webDriver, String id) {
    this.id = id;
    this.webDriver = webDriver;
  }

public void click() {
    // do some clever things with webdriver to perform a click-action
  }

public boolean isDisabled() {
    // do some clever things with webdriver to determine if the button is enabled
  }

public String getText() {
    // do some clever things with webdriver to determine buttons text
  }
}
These classes would be integrated in my testclasses to perform all that possible component actions. With such a feature the created HTML would be for all involved persons in a project a blackbox. I think that could free you sencha guys in creating HTML.