Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Pachat is on a distinguished road

Default Are "Sencha Desktop Packaging" and "Business Data Connectivity" only in Team version?

Are "Sencha Desktop Packaging" and "Business Data Connectivity" only in Team version?

As a one person company, I was wondering on how I could get a complete suite with "Sencha Desktop Packaging" and "Business Data Connectivity"?

My clients are small businesses or charities who cannot support the cost of a 10 seats product when there is only one developer, while they would like to benefit for Desktop Packaging for the few computers (generally < 5) they have.

Are there any plan to change this or could you explain the reasons of such a decision ?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    _alex is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same question.
    Single Developer, and I'm interested mainly in getting more Information about Desktop packaging (will it be possible to use native Print System/silent Printing) and if there will be an option for Licensing it for smaller companies.

Sencha Premium Member richardvd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    richardvd will become famous soon enough

I think a lot of small businesses would like to see Desktop Packaging coming to Sencha Complete. At least I do!
    Richard

Vote Rating
    Zdeno will become famous soon enough

As self employed i'm interested in Desktop Packaging too. Is possible to buy this feature separately?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nazcasistemas is on a distinguished road

Default Some alternatives

Some alternatives

Hey, If you need the desktop packager maybe you can use the open source alternatives:
    appjs - www.appjs.org
    tidesdk - www.tidesdk.org (formerly titanium desktop)

But it would be great to have the desktop packager available at a lower price

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Stephan Mercier is on a distinguished road

Samething here, we are a couple of developpers using the Sencha Complete and we would like to be able to purchase the Desktop Packager.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough

Default Alternatives

Alternatives

Guyz if Sencha does not bother respond there are plenty of viable alternative. Just like nazcasistemas said.
    To that list i will add Adobe AIR.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ttbgwt is on a distinguished road

Any updates on this?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    _alex is on a distinguished road

A connector for Adobe Air / ExtJS 4 would also be my favourite.
    But it doesn't look like there is any working with 4.x

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pwc8888 is on a distinguished road

Default Too much

Too much

I'm also a developer who would like to see the desktop packaging be available for less than $21,950 (10x $2,195). I would assume that the packaging application is tightly built with Extjs. So there may be not too much fuss in creation.

Until I can purchase it with the Sencha Complete, I will continue to use another packager that I've been using for the past year. It also creates Chromium-based exes and can include PHP coding.
    For those interested in an alternative packager, it is at: http://exeoutput.com

An alternative is to band together as a "Team" and purchase it together. But at $2,195, with the only difference being the inclusion of the Desktop Packaging app and "Business Data Connectivity", I'd rather keep with the $995 single-user package ($1,100 difference between the packages if you can get qualified as a "Team").