Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eilonf is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha Touch 2 and Cordova 1.7.0

Unanswered: Sencha Touch 2 and Cordova 1.7.0

Hi All,

I am trying to get ST2 and Cordova 1.7.0 to work together.

I followed the tutorial at
    http://robertdougan.com/posts/packag...onegap-cordova
    and got it working.

Now I need to call a Cordova plugin before I show the Main view, but I Sencha does not
    build my app when calling the plugin (sencha app build package fails with TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object).

I found out that if I wrap the call to the plugin with a setTimeout, the build works ok, but its not a very good solution.

How do I call the navigator.xxxx.xxxx.xxx API's without breaking ST?

Thanks,

Eilon

Edit:
    I know that I need to call the plugins from the "onDeviceReady" event of ST. How do I do that correctly?

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The launch method of Ext.application will fire only after all ST classes, <body> reports loaded and when within cordova/phonegap the deviceready event fires.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    szimek is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same issue with Cordova 2.1.0 and Sencha Touch 2.

Here's my code:
    Code:
    Ext.application({
        launch: function() {
            navigator.geolocation.watchPosition(function () {}, function () {});
        }

});
    Trying to build application (sencha app build production) results in the following error:
    Code:
    ...[ERROR] TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object
    I tried loading cordova-2.1.0.js in app.json before sencha-touch.js and my app.js files and I tried loading it in index.html file, but I'm still getting this error.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You're getting that because the builder isn't within cordova so navigator.geolocation.watchPosition is not valid
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    szimek is on a distinguished road

I don't really understand Is there a way to fix it? Currently I'm providing dummy navigator.geolocation object with empty functions to make builder work.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

I've come across similar gripes... I wish there was a way to build a package of a sencha app without validating all the code! I understand why it's necessary though, it's just annoying. szimek's solution is similar to what I had to do.