Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    scooterQC is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: grid/store remoteFilter, infinite scrolling and mass updates

Answered: grid/store remoteFilter, infinite scrolling and mass updates

Howdy all, Using 4.1.1 and infinite scrolling grid. Let's say I bring back 10,000 records (figuratively, not literally, because this is scrolling and sending chunks of 100 at a time), I have a text box filter that I use to bring the set down to 1500. I have scrolling grid set up so it goes through those 1500 in blocks of 100. All the DB calls back and forth are correct and working great.

What is the best way to update the entire 1500? I've created a right click action that will basically take the row you click on and "apply to all". The issue is that the "apply to all" only applies to those 100 visible, and not the 1500 in the complete filter.

Is there a way to do this without fully loading the 1500? The 1500 might be 150000 at some point, so loading the entire thing into the client would be a performance nightmare.

Thanks,

Scott

2. I would update at the server level.

Scott.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

I would update at the server level.

Scott.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    scooterQC is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Scott. That's exactly what I did, thanks for the input. It took a bit longer than what I was hoping but in the end it is implemented the right way now.

Scott

Thread Participants: 1