Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    soeren is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Problems with migration from ExtJS 3 to ExtJS 4.x

Unanswered: Problems with migration from ExtJS 3 to ExtJS 4.x

Hi,
    I'm the developer of "eXtplorer" (http://extplorer.net), which is a php-based file manager making use of ExtJS for a great UI. I have migrated the project from ExtJS 3 to version 4.1 and this was nearly a complete rewrite (switching to MVC).
    Now I have a huge problem: the script is working on ExtJS 4.1 beta2, but with none of the versions that were released later on (not 4.1.1 either). Unfortunately I can't proceed with development, if this is not resolved.

Why it's a "huge" problem? Most browsers crash (or the current tab). Debugging is impossible for me, because I can't find out where the problem is before the browser/process crashes. Maybe someone of the ExtJS devs knows what has been changed since ExtJS 4.1 beta2 that could have this effect...

Could someone please download the current eXtplorer development version and install it on a PHP-enabled Server? Just extract the contents of the ZIP file to a web-directory and open the URL to that directory. eXtplorer should self-install. After installation you can login using "admin" as user name and password.
    After login the browser should crash, because now the ExtJS interface is loaded (which is a border layout with 3 regions).

Here is the link to the latest development version of eXtplorer 3: http://extplorer.net/attachments/18/com_extplorer.zip

Thanks in advance,
    Sören

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

So I do not have to dig around all your code ... Where should I set the path to Ext?
    Initial load error of on Ext.

Scott

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Still struggling

Still struggling

Hi,
    I'm still struggling to get eXtplorer running on ExtJS 4.x. With the latest release (4.2.0) it now doesn't crash the browser anymore, but the site load dies with a "Too much recursion" error.
    it's really hard to debug recursion errors and I haven't found an error in my application.
    It would be great if someone could have a look at my application (link in the 1st post).

Just extract the eXtplorer.zip into a subdirectory of your LAMPP/MAMPP installation.
    This is a PHP application, so you need at least PHP 5.2 to run it. Please feel free to ask.
    I think that ExtJS doesn't handle/catch coding errors very well. If you have a large application I think it's hard to find errors, because sometimes the app doesn't load at all with absolutely no errors being thrown out on the console...

ciao, Sören

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default 1st Post lost

1st Post lost

SOMEHOW THE FIRST POST OF THIS TOPIC GOT LOST...
    SO HERE IT IS AGAIN.

POST #1
    Hi,
    I'm the developer of "eXtplorer" (http://extplorer.net), which is a php-based file manager making use of ExtJS for a great UI. I have migrated the project from ExtJS 3 to version 4.1 and this was nearly a complete rewrite (switching to MVC).
    Now I have a huge problem: the script is working on ExtJS 4.1 beta2, but with none of the versions that were released later on (not 4.1.1 either). Unfortunately I can't proceed with development, if this is not resolved.

Why it's a "huge" problem? Most browsers crash (or the current tab). Debugging is impossible for me, because I can't find out where the problem is before the browser/process crashes. Maybe someone of the ExtJS devs knows what has been changed since ExtJS 4.1 beta2 that could have this effect...

Could someone please download the current eXtplorer development version and install it on a PHP-enabled Server? Just extract the contents of the ZIP file to a web-directory and open the URL to that directory. eXtplorer should self-install. After installation you can login using "admin" as user name and password.
    After login the browser should crash, because now the ExtJS interface is loaded (which is a border layout with 3 regions).

Here is the link to the latest development version of eXtplorer 3: http://extplorer.net/attachments/18/com_extplorer.zip

Thanks in advance,
    Sören

Thread Participants: 1