Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ttbgwt is on a distinguished road

I was just looking online and the only way to get it is Team Complete which is $2195 per developer and 10 developer minimum. There's no way small one-man developers can afford $21,950

Thanks for the technical information though!

Katoomba, Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
    Vote Rating
    murrah will become famous soon enough

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

It is my understanding that new bundle options are under review to solve some of the pricing issues.

Scott.

Vote Rating

Thanks Scott.

Apart from the pricing issue, the other question I have about the packager is the level of OS interoperability that it supports. So, for example, my first foray into this was using Ext 3 and Air. Now, with HTML5 supporting much more OS interoperability, some of the things that Air made possible are now possible in Ext directly via HTML. I suspect a number are not possible, but I cant find any data on this.

Is there a data sheet that tells me exactly what the packager will support? eg my current Air app (that I would love to "upgrade" to use Ext4) does things like:

1. Drag and drop files from OS file system onto app to create links to those files
    2. Launch owner software natively by extension (ie not via a browser window) eg Word, Excel docs
    3. Run native processes
    4. Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete folders & files in OS file system (not sandboxed)
    5. Use SqlLite for extensive local storage
    6. Play and control media files eg play a piece of an mp3 file under program control, not the whole thing.

It would be great to know the capability of the packager so I don't have to find out by trial and error.

Thanks again for your help and support,
    Murray

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Murray,

I have alerted someone from our DP department to have a look at your post to see if there is anything available.

Scott.

Vote Rating

Thanks Scott!

That would be really helpful for myself (and others, I imagine). I will continue using ExtJS and Touch for browser and mobile development and really wanted to be able to re-use my code for when I needed to develop a desktop application. And, in that mode, it really does need to have access to the native system or it isn't really much more useful than a web browser.

Thanks again.
    Murray

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Regarding pricing, Desktop Packager is currently being prepared to change licensing so that it is affordable for single developer licensing. Details on that are not publicly available yet, however.

Quote Originally Posted by murrah View Post
    Thanks Scott.

Apart from the pricing issue, the other question I have about the packager is the level of OS interoperability that it supports. So, for example, my first foray into this was using Ext 3 and Air. Now, with HTML5 supporting much more OS interoperability, some of the things that Air made possible are now possible in Ext directly via HTML. I suspect a number are not possible, but I cant find any data on this.

Is there a data sheet that tells me exactly what the packager will support?
    Desktop Packager is based on Google's open source Chromium project, so it supports all the HTML5 features that Chromium supports, save a few (i.e. Input Speech API). The current version 1.0 is based on Chromium 20 (i.e. Google Chrome 20) but the next version is based on Chromium 22.

eg my current Air app (that I would love to "upgrade" to use Ext4) does things like:

1. Drag and drop files from OS file system onto app to create links to those files
    HTML5 Drag/Drop API is available. Also, we have proprietary APIs to handle events from drag/drop of files onto the Dock in OS X.
    2. Launch owner software natively by extension (ie not via a browser window) eg Word, Excel docs
    Installer programs such as BitRock InstallBuilder and InstallShield, etc. can setup this association for you, very easily. Since Desktop Packager isn't a "system-wide runtime" like Air and instead produces standalone desktop applications, you can take that output and wrap it into an installer package to customize your installation experience to your needs.
    3. Run native processes
    We have proprietary APIs to run sub-shell processes or spawn processes
    4. Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete folders & files in OS file system (not sandboxed)
    A number of proprietary APIs to do File I/O are available, and growing.
    5. Use SqlLite for extensive local storage
    localStorage is available, as well as IndexedDB
    6. Play and control media files eg play a piece of an mp3 file under program control, not the whole thing.
    HTML5 Video and Audio are available, w/ complete support in the next version 1.1.

It would be great to know the capability of the packager so I don't have to find out by trial and error.

Thanks again for your help and support,
    Murray
    To give a clue, our html5test.com score is 438

We also have extensive API documentation available that comes with the software package which enumerates the proprietary JavaScript APIs that are available. The current version's documentation is available here, but the new version 1.1 is due out very soon w/ more functionality and Linux support, and again, it will have a single developer license option available.

Vote Rating

Thanks for your response Jarred. I look forward to the details on 1.1 (and the pricing, of course!) :-)

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about

Just curious, will the packager work on a mobile device on wich Windows Mobile 6.1 is installed?