Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dr-dan is on a distinguished road

Default Simple debugging question on stack trace

Simple debugging question on stack trace

Is there an easier way to see the real stack trace of the following firebug output:

TypeError: question is undefined
    (?)() extjs4.1.js (line 1815)

return method.apply(scope || Ext.global, callArgs);

I've no idea at all where this error is being triggered and its making my life a misery.

Why is the error line ext js and not my own js file? Anyway to make that happen?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Are you using the debug version of extjs lib? (ex: ext-all-debug). Firebug does have a callstack to where you can see what triggered the call. Can you set a break point where you suspect things are going wrong?

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes debug version.

I'd set a breakpoint if I knew where the prob was. I'm not keen on blind willynillyness, id prefer to be told the exact point the code is failing not some generic apply call.

The stack ends at some closure that means nothing to me.

I have since found where the prob is, in the onRender method of a Container I've extended - nowhere in the trace (AFAIK) was this mentioned.

This is my point in question...ever since I've gone with Ext JS I've lost many hours to this exact problem.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

The call stack does not walk back to your .js that eventually ended up in our .js?

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Even via an ajax callback?

Thread Participants: 1