Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    anthoang is on a distinguished road

Default How to display many bars in chart? scrolling?

How to display many bars in chart? scrolling?

I have a bar chart with possibly many bars depending on the data. My bars are displayed horizontally with the labels on the y-axis (left). The issue is, if there is alot of data(bars) to display, some of the data labels are not displayed due to space constraints. EXT automatically removes some data labels if there are too many bars. See the photo attachment.

I would like to display all data labels. There are a couple potential of options to make this chart more presentable:

1.) Dynamically calculate the number of bars to display and adjust the height of the chart accordingly. (this is not my preferred option - would like to keep the height of the chart static).

2.) Reduce the number of bars to display. (this is not my preferred option)

3.) Make the chart area scrollable? Is this possible with EXTJS?
    Attached Images

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The charts won't be scrollable so you'd have to limit or change the size.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1