Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    kkrohe is on a distinguished road

The options to the v3 Sencha Cmd will be sensitive to ordering. Commands in v3 are processed hierarchically, so options to a particular sub command will need to follow that sub command on the command line.

In this case, the compressor setting (closure or yui) is an option on the concat command, which means it will need to follow that command on the command line.

In the command you show, they are transposed, which would cause this issue, as the higher level compile command does not have options for closure or yui.

This should correct it:

PHP Code:
    /Users/knalli/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.141/sencha compile -classpath=app.js,ext-4.1.1/src,ext-4.1.1/examples/ux,plugins,myappdir exclude -namespace=Ext.chart and concat -out all-classes-dev.js and -debug=false concat -out all-classes-debug.js and concat -closure -out=all-classes-prod.js 
    -->

Vote Rating
    Jan (HL) will become famous soon enough

Ah, yes, thanks. That's makes actually more sense. Seems to be a bug in the blog post, however.
    -->

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Jan (HL) View Post
    Ah, yes, thanks. That's makes actually more sense. Seems to be a bug in the blog post, however.
    Oops Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed the code example on the blog post. Sorry for any hassle.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"
    -->

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    jminnick has a spectacular aura about jminnick has a spectacular aura about

Step 3: Download and install the latest Sencha Cmd.
    It may also be worth mentioning here that a restart is required if upgrading.
    -->

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    Yes, that is one reason for the picking "Sencha Cmd" as the name.

Sorry for the confusion around the name change but hopefully the new name will make communication less ambiguous.
    And what an awesome name it is
    -->

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jminnick View Post
    It may also be worth mentioning here that a restart is required if upgrading.
    Restart your terminal/console/shell right? A system restart is not needed.
    Don Griffin

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"
    -->

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    jminnick has a spectacular aura about jminnick has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    Restart your terminal/console/shell right? A system restart is not needed.
    I actually had to restart my (Windows x64) workstation. After I discovered I was still running the older Sencha CMD version I tried just closing the console, that didn't work for me.

When it fired back up v3.0.0.141 was running.
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    suzzer99 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by raphac View Post
    I tried
    Code:
    sencha compile -classpath=ext/src \         exclude -namespace Ext.chart and \         concat -out ext-all-no-charts-dev.js and \         -option debug:false \         concat -out ext-all-no-charts-debug.js and \         -yui \         concat -out ext-all-no-charts.js
    And error:
    Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension. "Js".
    I was getting the exact same error. I finally found the solution here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7189269/running-javascript-with-cscript

A very simple fix: use assoc.

c:\>assoc .js=JSFile
    (Mine had become associated with a text editor at some point.)

U
    nfortunately now I can't open my JS files in UltraEdit by double-clicking them.
    -->

Vote Rating

We will be replacing the batch file + wsh script approach to launching Sencha Cmd with a real exe for 3.0 GA which will eliminate this issue. Sorry for the hassle in the meantime.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    suzzer99 is on a distinguished road

Thanks. By the way do you know if the upgrade command works with Sencha? I wanted to upgrade fromSencha 2.1 beta 1 to beta 3, but the SDK tools didn't seem to work. So I downloaded the new command tool, but it doesn't seem to work either for upgrading. I am able to build a new app with it though using the beta SDK.
    -->