Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Shane F is on a distinguished road

Default "Availability" Window

"Availability" Window

(First of all... long time no talk with anyone. Love the new ExtJS 4.1.x framework. )

So here is the situation. I am working on a project and I am at a certain part in coding the ExtJS module. I need to develop a system where users can set their "availability" easily without having to use combo boxes, where they can just drag or "click" on "drag on" the times their "availability" is open.

My inpiration for the module comes from the Windows 2008 R2 User Login Restriction Window: http://www.intelliadmin.com/images/L... Directory.jpg

So first I tried developing a "bar chart" where the bars could be manipulated. But being a dummy in the chart code (right now) I wanted to try to simulate the login restriction window as close as possible. The next "default" item provided is the grid, but I can't set a Y-Axis labels on the row (If I am wrong tell me now...). So far I can only think of having Tabs for every day of the week and then having the grid row for each time block, etc.

I am now stumped because this seems way to completed and just to much code. So. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas or fun factoids about the charts that I can not figure out (namely how to setup the chart properties to handle "day", "start", and "end" and have the start of the bar start in the middle going horizontally).

Ok. Fire away.

Thanks,
    Shane

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You might want to look at these as well:
    http://www.bryntum.com/examples/

As for your chart. Are you sure that the chart is the direction to go? Perhaps a grid with custom drawing for selected ranges?

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Shane F is on a distinguished road

I guess those work, for future things down the road as well. *mark as favorite*. I guess I can try like the calender example. Thanks for the help!

Thread Participants: 1