Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-3494 in a recent build.
    Vote Rating
    svenna has a spectacular aura about svenna has a spectacular aura about

Just to confirm, you do know that is working on iOS 6, if you are using Touch 2.0.3, and SDK Tools 2-b3?

I'm really, really, waiting for the device.openUrl function, that is supposed to be implemented in ST 2.1 needs API from the new Cmd - I've yet been able to test it, since I no longer have any iOS 5 devices around..
    Sven Tore Iversen

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough

I continue to be baffled by sencha's apparent lack of care for critical bug fixes such as this, as well as developers not just switching to phonegap for packaging of their sencha apps - which has a much better record of turnaround times and communication on this issue.

Vote Rating
    VladimirTechMan is on a distinguished road

Sven, -- JFYI: Not long before upgrading to iOS 6, I tried openUrl(). It works: I was able to successfully embed links to web sites in my native app and, on "tapping", they had been opened in Safari, just as expected. Hopefully we will see an update from Sencha in the next few days and you will be able to check it yourself, on iOS 6...

Vote Rating

It's not just you, Zac. My project is on unexpected hold since I discovered and reported the issue. It's the show-stopper at the moment.

I am sure that quite a few other guys are affected too. (Though I guess there are now more Sencha Touch users implementing mobile versions of web-sites with the tool, than those developing natives apps with it (yet). Possibly that will change to some extent, we'll see.)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    zacjordaan is on a distinguished road

Default Possible resolution: 2.1.0-rc1 released

Possible resolution: 2.1.0-rc1 released

Aha. As usual, it's always darkest before the dawn!
    I see that 2.1.0-rc1 has been released overnight. Downloading now to see if it might resolve this issue. Fingers crossed...

Vote Rating

From the release notes:
    * Fixed native packager issues with iOS6

..I'm looking for this every morning, did not find it today (Europe time) - but your post, that triggered an e-mail notification saved the day

http://www.sencha.com/forum/announcement.php?f=92&a=36
    Sven Tore Iversen

Vote Rating

Just tested.

The native packager failes.

As I reported on the nightly build yesterday the native package is never signed, so I'm unable to install it on the device..

At least on Win 8 Pro (64bit) it fails.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-is-not-signed
    Sven Tore Iversen

Vote Rating

I have also tried Sencha Touch RC1 together with release .188 of Sencha Cmd today. The stbuild packager is still failing when signing the package. And the workaround I have previously published in a different thread (to use the old version of stbuild.exe) is still applicable and it allowed me to build the native app on my Windows PC and successfully install it on my iPhone (4s).

But, very unfortunately, when I try to start it, the application still fails immediately on iOS 6 (and runs on iOS 5 -- checked with my friend developer, who has not updated to iOS 6 yet). Thus it seems like the issue is still not fixed completely, based on my test today.

I am eager to know if other developers were able to successfully build and install a native app on an iOS 6 device(s) -- using today's update -- and if you, guys, can start it successfully on the device. Or if it just fails in your case too, as it does for me.

Also, I am pretty interested to know if native apps built with RC1 and Sencha Cmd 3.0.0.188 on Mac OS or Linux show any different behavior on iOS 6 -- i.e. do they start fine now? Anyone can share?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

There is also a newer CMD.188. Have you tried with this one as well?

Vote Rating

Thanks for spotting, Ingo. Actually I have tested with Cmd .188 today. Corrected my post above -- gave a wrong version in it originally. I used today's build of Sencha Cmd, yes.