Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stephenr85 is on a distinguished road

Default Dynamic Proxy URLs

Dynamic Proxy URLs

With a REST proxy, rather than only allowing us to append a respective model ID, I would have expected to be able to define multiple variables in the URL. This is also sometimes necessary for standard AJAX URLs. I created a proxy override that uses a template to generate the URL. I'm using a standard Ext.Template, because it seemed an Ext.XTemplate seemed like overkill; although, the code could easily be modified to accomodate that.

I'm posting the snippet here for anyone interested in doing the same thing. Any ideas for improvement are more than welcome.

Code:
    Ext.define('MyNamespace.data.proxy.Ajax', {
        override: 'Ext.data.proxy.Ajax',
        buildUrl: function(request){
            //Create a template with the URL and replace the variables
            var url = this.getUrl(request),
                urlTemplate = new Ext.Template(url),
                params = request.getParams(),
                newUrl = urlTemplate.apply(params);
            //Remove variables embedded into URL
            Ext.Object.each(params, function(key, value){
                var regex = new RegExp('{'+key+'.*?}');
                if(regex.test(url)){
                    delete params[key];
                }
            });
            request.setUrl(newUrl);
            this.callParent([request]);
        }
    });

Now you could have a url like "/service/model/{id}/update"; and call store.getProxy().setExtraParam('id', 1);

Additionally, you could do something like "/service/model/{id}/{method}" and call store.getProxy().setExtraParams({id: 1, method: 'update'});
    Last edited by stephenr85; 20 Sep 2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Improvement

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

For REST, why append the method? This should really be resolved by your server with what kind of request method it is... POST, PUT, GET, DESTROY which you can use the actionMethods config to change these.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stephenr85 is on a distinguished road

It was a quick ad-hoc example, but you're right. We are using the request methods in our web service. To use a better example, we frequently have issues with URLs like /customer/{ID}/orders, because the "CustomerOrders" store uses the "OrderDetail" model, so using the "append ID" option doesn't work, because we don't want the order ID in the URL. We were reworking some URLs to be more like /customer/orders/{CUSTID}, but this proved to not be an intuitive URL is some cases. Additionally, some of our URLs are moving targets while the service is in development, and I'd much rather maintain the URL on the store config, rather than multiple places throughout that app that are utilizing the store.
    Last edited by stephenr85; 25 Sep 2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: re-clarification

Thread Participants: 1