Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2445 in 3.0.2.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nbuesing is on a distinguished road

Default window's height grows on each call to win.setVisible(true) [GXT3.0.2-shapshot 9/19]

window's height grows on each call to win.setVisible(true) [GXT3.0.2-shapshot 9/19]

Version : GXT 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT (9/19/2012 12:26)
    Operating System: Windows 7, 64bit
    Browser: Internet Explorer 8

I create a window and set the size to 90x25. I set the min width/height so it can be that small. On each rendering of the window, it is larger than before.

The red image behind the window is a 90x25 jpeg. The intial rendering of the "please wait..." window is larger (in height at least) than the image. The test case will render them at the same Y axis location.

An additional observation is that in 3.0.1, the height of the "please wait..." window is smaller than the 90x25 image. I would expect the window to either equal the height of 25, or would be slightly larger (if the image border decorations is not considered part of the height of the window).

Test code provided below.

After a few seconds...
    window_larger_on_each_display_1.png

After a few more seconds....
    window_larger_on_each_display_2.png

Working Example, window shows/hides every 200ms.
    WindowHeightResizing.zip

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    gishmo is on a distinguished road

This sounds like the old bug where the window heights decrease. Every time the window was open, the heights gets 6 px smaller.

As a workaround:
    Did you try to set the window height before showing the window?

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nbuesing is on a distinguished road

Confirmed workaround, use window.setHeight() when setVisible() is called.

It is also worth nothing that if the header is not suppressed, the issue doesn't occur. It only happens when window.setHeaderVisible(false).

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

The shrinking-window effect (fixed in SVN) happens when there is a header - this new bug only happens in cases without a header. They are almost certainly related - extra offsets aren't measured right - but I suspect that this bug was hiding under the shrinking bug, as opposed to created by it.

I've filed the bug, and will update this thread with updates.

Thread Participants: 2