Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    paulharv is on a distinguished road

Default GridPanel not rendering correctly

GridPanel not rendering correctly

I'm using EditorGridPanels on dynamically generated web pages. ExtJS does not control the ViewPort.

When I wrap the Grid generation code in Ext.onReady(), the grids render perfectly.
    If I do not wrap it in Ext.onReady() it renders with subtle layout issues like
    • the grids are a little too wide
    • the top toolbar gets cut off on the right
    • the rows don't quite fit and they shift when clicking a cell
    I have tried forcing the grids' layout to get recalculated once the page loads...

Code:

(function(){}
       var grid = ...
       [ ... ]
       Ext.onReady(function(){
          grid.doLayout();
       });
    )();
    The reason I'm trying to avoid placing Grid initialization inside Ext.onReady() is that sometimes pages take a long time to fully load every resource, and in these cases the pages look fully loaded apart from the blank spaces where the grids eventually get rendered to!

Any suggestions on what I might try? Right now a complete redesign of the page is not in scope, so I'm looking for something I can do to get the grid to layout like it does when initialized inside onReady()!

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You need to wait for onReady to fire, that lets you know when all javascript and CSS and everything have been loaded.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1