Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    maslofer is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Adding Marker Lines on ExtJS Charts

Unanswered: Adding Marker Lines on ExtJS Charts

Hi,

I would like to make simple network diagram using the ExtJS chart. I can plot the nodes using a scatter plot type.

However, I am wondering what to do about the connections between nodes. It seems like I might be able to do that with a whole bunch of line series. However that seems like it will be quite inelegant using the store/series paradigm of ExtJS charting (it seems like I would have to create many series each containing a large number of null values).

Is there some way I can directly call line drawing operations on an ExtJS chart? Something like an onRender method where I can say drawline(x1,y1,x2,y2) repeatedly to connect all my nodes as I see fit?

Thank you!

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

See if this would be of any help:
    https://market.sencha.com/users/115/extensions/150

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the response Scott and the link looks interesting, however it really isn't what I need.

I will know the position of the nodes and all I need is someway to add lines at specific coordinates to the chart.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You would most likely need to access the surface directly and use surface.add() to create your lines. If you look at the code for Ext.chart.series.Line, it should provide the means.

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into this approach.

Thread Participants: 1