Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LEWJO10@ca.com is on a distinguished road

Default (GXT 3.0.1 GA) Line Series Overlaid by Column (Bar) Series

(GXT 3.0.1 GA) Line Series Overlaid by Column (Bar) Series

Version of Ext GWT
    This problem occurs in the recently released GA version of Ext GWT 3.0.1.

Browser Versions
    Firefox 7
    Internet Explorer 8

Operating System
    Windows 7 64 bit

Hardware
    Dell Precision M4500
    8 CPUs – Intel Core i7
    8 GB Memory

Virtual Machine
    No

Description
    When using a LineSeries with a BarSeries in column mode, the chart when first launched will render fine across a given number of daily intervals (e.g., 30 days). But, when the chart is redrawn for a larger number of daily intervals (.e.g., 35), then portions of the line of the LineSeries will be overlaid by some of the columns of the BarSeries across some of the daily intervals that were added.

There is a second problem where is the chart is redrawn for a single daily interval (i.e., 1) after first being rendered for a given number of daily intervals (e.g., 30 days), then the line is not redrawn at all (i.e., still shows 30 daily intervals). This is an edge case. Obviously, there must be at a minimum 2 daily intervals to draw a line. Perhaps the line should not appear at all (just its marker if it has one configured).

Run Mode
    Occurs in when deployed to Tomcat (web mode), and when running under Eclipse (dev mode).

Steps to Reproduce
    The attached file (ColumnChartColumnLineSeriesRenderingError.txt) can be used to demonstrate the problem. After launching the chart, observe that 30 daily intervals are presented with a gray budget line drawn on top of the stacked column series.

Next, change the “End Date:” widget to 8/4/2012 and click the “Get Data” button.
    Observe that some of the columns for 7/31 thru 8/4 are overlaying the budget line in error. The attached screen shot (ColumnLineSeriesRenderingError.png ) shows an example of this problem.

Next change the “End Date:” widget to 7/1/2012 and click the “Get Data” button. Now observe that the line is not redrawn / changed at all. The attached screen shot (ColumnLineSeriesRenderingError2.png ) shows an example of the second problem.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong in the code in the attached file or if there is a work around.

Thanks,
    John L
    Attached Images
    Attached Files