Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stevo.zilik will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Form validation messages

Unanswered: Form validation messages

Hi

I'd like to customize the way validation messages appear on form fields, because I don't really like any of the predefined options. What I'd like to end up with is a validation message next (like 'side' style) to input field, in full text (rather than icon that user has to mouse over). Similar to the 'under' style, but to the right rather then under (I find it annoying when the validation messages (dis)appear and push other fields up/down).

What I want to avoid is manually adding a custom element next to each field where the validation message would be displayed. Something like quick tip, that's always visible (when validation failed), not just on mouse over.

Any ideas? I'm looking to override some of the fields base class methods to achieve this in a generic way for all my forms.

Thanks,
    Stevo

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Here is an example that places a button next to each editor.
    http://ext4all.com/post/how-to-add-b...ach-form-field

Perhaps you could use this concept to add the message.

Scott.

Thread Participants: 1