Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Sasha172 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Sliderfield Language

Answered: Sliderfield Language

Hi All,

I'm trying to make an app that works in several countries and hence needs to run in several languages.

For the sake of this question assume the app has to run in English (the original ST2 language) and Chinese (an entirely different language).

I've managed to change labels, stores, titlebars, buttons and more. The textfield input is not a problem since the user will use the "Chinese Keyboard" from Apple on iOS.

But how do I change the language of the sliderfield input ??? As of now it shows the English 1,2,3...99,100,… when sliding. But I need it to be in Chinese numerals.

Any solution ?

2. The user never sees the number out of the box so if you are displaying it some way then you would have to translate it into the numeral you need.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The user never sees the number out of the box so if you are displaying it some way then you would have to translate it into the numeral you need.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Sasha172 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Thanks. I forsee a very difficult future As of now I'm taking the sliderfield.getValue() to get the number its at. Im guessing now i'll have to translate that into another language. Ouch.

Anyway, thanks.

Thread Participants: 1