This issue duplicates another issue.
    Vote Rating
    Jan (HL) will become famous soon enough

Default [4.1.2] Root not visible, error in tree

[4.1.2] Root not visible, error in tree

Hi,

I'm upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 (a) and noticed a bug in the new bulkupdate/edit feature of the tree store.

Situation: A TreeStore within a TreePanel with a remote tree (json returns a collection of items = nodes).

If the root node is disabled (via rootVisible=false) or the root node is expanded at default, the script breaks at a NPE:

File Ext.view.Table l. 467 of refreshSize "me.table.attach(me.el.child('table', true));"

The object "me.el" is null.

PHP Code:
     refreshSize: function() {
            var 
    me this,

cmp;

// On every update of the layout system due to data update, capture the table's DOM in our private flyweight

me.table.attach(me.el.child('table'true));

if (!
    me.hasLoadingHeight) { 
    My Patch:
    PHP Code:
    Ext.override(Ext.view.Table, {

refreshSize : function() {
            var 
    me thiscmp;

// On every update of the layout system due to data update, capture the table's DOM in our private flyweight

if (me.el) {

me.table.attach(me.el.child('table'true));
            }

if (!
    me.hasLoadingHeight) {

cmp me.up('tablepanel');

// Suspend layouts in case the superclass requests a layout. We might too, so they
                // must be coalescsed.

Ext.suspendLayouts();

Ext.view.AbstractView.prototype.refreshSize.call(this);

// If the OS displays scrollbars, and we are overflowing vertically, ensure the
                // HeaderContainer accounts for the scrollbar.

if (cmp && Ext.getScrollbarSize().width && (me.autoScroll || me.overflowY)) {

cmp.updateLayout();
                }

Ext.resumeLayouts(true); 
           }
        }
    }); 
    Actually, I'd only added a wrapper (if me.el) and changed the "this.callParent" with an explicit call of the parent view.. this.callParent called the Ext.view.Table.refreshSize...??)

Do you need additional information and/or demo? I'm currently a little bit busy.. next days/next week.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Using the check-tree.html example I'm not getting an error and it has rootVisible : false.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Oops, I'd forgotten the title... :/

Is there is possibility to get a "public" extjs 4.1.2? Otherwise I can only provide a non-public web-demo.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

4.1.2 is only for support subscribers
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Vote Rating

Okay.

I'd already spent some hours to reproduce it.. and finally, I can tell you following.

First: In the attachment you find a zip containing the actual test case with a bootstrap index.html and an app.js. Furthermore, this requires a dynamic tree store so I provide you a nodejs script to boot up a small server which fakes a dynamic tree where each node will loaded async.

I.e.
    Code:
    node server.js 
    Server running at http://127.0.0.1:8125/
    Second: Reproduce
    * Expand each node to "Customers / Customer 1 / Hosts / Host A" and select it.
    * Hit "refresh" -> error in console.

Third: This actually means, that the bug has nothing to to with the root node. It has actually occured earlier because the root node was expanded.

Fouth: I add the following video demo so that you can actually see the problem: http://screencast.com/t/SmEXpp5YQLhO

Fifth: So long, the problem occours in the "updateIndexes" method of Ext.view.AbstractView (ll 792). If I understand this correct, the method is used to synchronize the nodeInternalId from the record TO the dom element. This is okay in most cases but exactly in THIS case not. I noticed that the dom elements have an element twice (which is incorrect), so that "ns" is one element larger than "records" and therefor will produce a npe at line 801.
    Attached Files

Vote Rating

should I open a new thread?

Thread Participants: 2