Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    audra is on a distinguished road

Default Window Issues

Window Issues

3.0.1 GXT

Issue 1: When the window changes it's size due to a change in it's content height, the drop shadow doesn't resize.

Issue 2: Even though i setResizable(false) the resize elements are still applied to the window, and prevent me from adding my own drop shadow to the window:

These handles take up space, and still have the re-sizing hover states that are unnecessary when the window is not re-sizable.

Please advise.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

1) When adding content and changes the window size without going over setSize/setPixelSize, you need to call sync(true) on the window instance.

2) I will move this thread to the bugs forum. Thanks for bringing this up. This sounds like an issue.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

sync(true) doesn't resolve the issue.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by audra View Post
    sync(true) doesn't resolve the issue.
    Would it be possible for you in this case to provide a fully working testcase implementing EntryPoint?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    killout is on a distinguished road

Default Shadow on resize

Shadow on resize

In this code shadow don't move after resize.
    Code:
    public class GxtWindowTest implements EntryPoint {
        @Override
          public void onModuleLoad() {
             Window w = new Window();
            w.setHeadingText("My Window");
            w.setPixelSize(600, 400);
            w.setMinimizable(true);
            w.setMaximizable(true);

DockLayoutPanel p = new DockLayoutPanel(Unit.EM);
            p.addNorth(new HTML("header"), 2);
            p.addSouth(new HTML("footer"), 2);
            p.addWest(new HTML("navigation"), 10);
            // p.add(new HTML("navigation"));
            p.add(w);
            w.show();

RootPanel.get().add(p);
        }
    }
    Is window suitable for DockLayoutPanel ?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

@killout please do not post duplicate posts. Read the message when you post, it says your posts were marked for moderation therefore your posts were not lost, just needed approved.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Killout - did you try sven's fix? Also, is there a reason you are adding the window *inside* the docklayoutpanel? That p.add(w) line shouldn't be there and doesn't make any sense, since you call w.show() right afterward.

Audra re #2 have you tested with later versions of GXT? As far as I can tell, this issue is fixed in 3.0.3 and 3.0.4:

http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examp...ace:messagebox
    http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examp...ace:messagebox

3.0.1 link for comparison:
    http://www.sencha.com/examples/#ExamplePlace:messagebox

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Colin,

Our application is stuck on 3.0.1 pending a layout issue that Sven is working on. I'll recheck it once we are able to use the latest build.

Thanks,
    Audra

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

resizable stuff is gone in 3.0.4. thanks!

shadow still breaks when the window resizes, I was able to put my own shadow the windows, but it took some effort since there is random padding on top, topRight and topLeft, which doesn't play well when the background for my header is in .header and a shadow is added to the parent window div.