Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2458 in 3.0.2.
    Ext JS Premium Member jadrake75's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jadrake75 is on a distinguished road

Default remove of TreeModel with filtering enabled

remove of TreeModel with filtering enabled

I am using GXT 3.0.1 GPL.

When a filtered tree view deletes a row (for example a user uses a filter field and filters a tree and then selects a row and deletes it) if you call remove( ) on the tree store, in remove( ) it will call "applyFiltersToParents( )" method.

This method assumes there is a parent to the node and fails with a NullPointerException on line 228 since in this case the node is a root node and therefore has a null parent.

Short of subclassing the TreeModel, I am not sure what else I could do here? ideas?

I don't have time right now to post a code example (but will if Sencha is interested in fixing it)

-Jason
    Stamp Image Bursting Application
    see http://code.google.com/p/stamp-imagebursting/

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Good catch - I've now got a unit test demonstrating this issue added to the TreeStore's tests, and will have a fix shortly.

One possible workaround would be to subclass TreeStore.remove to disable filtering and re-enable it after the remove is complete - I have not yet tested this, but it seems as though it should work based on the test case.

Ext JS Premium Member jadrake75's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jadrake75 is on a distinguished road

It does result in some odd visual effects (for example the filter is reapplied but the FilterField has no value).
    Stamp Image Bursting Application
    see http://code.google.com/p/stamp-imagebursting/

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

This issue has been fixed in SVN and will be available in the next release.

Thread Participants: 1