Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tong123123 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: cannot add gwt sdk

Unanswered: cannot add gwt sdk

in http://www.sencha.com/learn/getting-...-with-ext-gwt/
    I try to add GWT SDK in eclipse window > preference > Google WebToolKit > press "add" button and select the downloaded gxt-2.2.5 folder, but error "gwt-user.jar is missing" is shown!!
    But if not add this google web toolkit SDK, then when following the step "Create Project", only GWT2.4 can be selected!!
    So how to create a new GXT project using 2.2.5?
    gxterror2.jpg

gxterror.jpg

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

GXT is not GWT, but depends on GWT. You need to have a copy of GWT on your computer, and to add GXT to the classpath afterward.

GWT is the compiler that allows Java to turn into JavaScript, whereas GXT is the set of widgets and data binding. Both are needed to develop an application.

Here is an article on setting up GWT and GXT 2.x: http://www.sencha.com/learn/setting-...ct-in-eclipse/

If you are starting a new project, we encourage you to check out GXT 3 - we've made substantial changes to the API, allowing us to support new and upcoming GWT features as well as improved performance and better use of strong types.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

the link
    http://www.sencha.com/learn/setting-up-your-first-ext-gwt-project-in-eclipse/
    is not for maven project,
    is there any maven starting project for GXT 2.X?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

After you've got a standard GWT project going, add a dependency for GXT (2 or 3), then follow the rest of the setup instructions included in the GXT download. You'll need at least one new CSS file in you HTML page, and a new inherits statement - both of these will depend on which version of GXT you follow.

GXT is a library that augments GWT projects - it provides a consistent set of powerful widgets, it doesn't set any rules or requirements on how you build the GWT project, as long as it remains a valid, buildable GWT project.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I use webappcreator to create the project, then I try to follow setup.txt in gxt-3.0.1-GPL.zip and then run the project, everything is ok, the gwt DialogBox can be shown successfully.
    Then I replace the DialogBox with com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.box.MessageBox, then when I run the example again, the MessageBox cannot be shown, and I use debug mode to run, I cannot see any error, so what happens?!!

If in the java file, I just write
    public void onModuleLoad() {
    MessageBox popup = new MessageBox("On the 8th day, God said...",
    "Hello World");
    RootPanel.get().add(popup);
    popup.show();
    }
    then the messagebox can be shown correctly....is GXT component cannot cooperate with GWT component?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers

No need to add the popup to the root panel, just call the show() method - it adds itself so that it doesn't end up at the bottom of your page.

Can you post your .html file and .gwt.xml file? It may be that you missed a piece of the instructions in setup.txt.

Thread Participants: 1