Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    pajamabob is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Platform Guidance

Unanswered: Platform Guidance

I am trying to word this post in such a way that I can get the answer I need without pushing Sencha into a corner.

I am building an application that will release shortly after the first of the year. It’s primary focus is mobility (tablets and phones). It must be accessible on Windows 8 tablets being released next month. I have done prototypes in both Sencha Touch and Extjs. Sencha Touch outright fails on IE 10, and Extjs has issues on phones and tablets.

So the question is this:

Which Sencha platform would be the best for this project?

Thanks in advance…

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I dont think anything sencha would work to be honest. Ext JS was not designed for mobile and Touch was designed for webkit-based browsers (because it really gives the best experience out there!).

jQuery mobile?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    pajamabob is on a distinguished road

I was hoping to hear that Sencha Touch was being updated to support IE 10. I love the Sencha tools and have a lot of experience with them. The Windows 8 tablets hit the streets in 4 weeks and we will need to split code to support both. While I hate your answer, I suspect JQ Mobile will need to be the direction I need to go.

Thanks...

Thread Participants: 1