Answers
    Vote Rating
    EPV will become famous soon enough

Default Answered: Production build doesn't update on home screen

Answered: Production build doesn't update on home screen

Have built an app (production) in Sencha command 2B3, from Sencha Touch 2.011.

I solved the problems with iOS6 regarding AJAX cahing with adding new Date.getTime().

Now its seems there's a problem updating a production app when it runs in "home-screen" mode.

- When the app runs in safari update is triggered.
    - When the app runs in home screen mode nothing happens.

I've applied Jackys fix:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?194928-Can-t-update-a-production-build

I've checked the HTTP log and confirmed that no requests are made for the app.js file after app.json has been loaded.

I'm 99% sure that this procedure worked before iOS6 update. Though, the request for app.js is made via GET and shouldn't be concerned by the caching issue. Or should it?

Thanks /E

2. After a lot of remote debugging, testing and yelling at the screen I decided to generate a fresh project att add my code to that. It worked ...

Possible reasons:
    - I've used Jackys fix for the production microloader. Removed in new build.
    - Something went wrong with the localstorage in the iOS6 update ...? (longshot)
    - ?

Anyway, is it possible to build a production build without the use of localstorage at all (seems a bit unstable)? That is, a build that only uses the cache.

Thanks /E

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Use the remote debugger, is the call being made? It should always try to make the call.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    EPV will become famous soon enough

After a lot of remote debugging, testing and yelling at the screen I decided to generate a fresh project att add my code to that. It worked ...

Possible reasons:
    - I've used Jackys fix for the production microloader. Removed in new build.
    - Something went wrong with the localstorage in the iOS6 update ...? (longshot)
    - ?

Anyway, is it possible to build a production build without the use of localstorage at all (seems a bit unstable)? That is, a build that only uses the cache.

Thanks /E

Thread Participants: 1