Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    badgerb1 is on a distinguished road

So I got our Win 8 device and this works mostly (note I had it slightly wrong in my post above). The problem is it now is too responsive to scrolling so tap events don't fire unless you are exactly on with the tap. When you go to tap a button it thinks your trying to scroll and the button doesn't get the event. Anyone at sencha have an idea where to fix this new issue? I will be digging into the scroller to see if I can introduce a slight delay or movement to allow for tap events to fire.

<script type="text/javascript" src="sencha-touch/sencha-touch-debug.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" >
    Ext.feature.registerTest({
    Touch:function(){

return this.isEventSupported('touchstart') && !(Ext.os && Ext.os.name.match(/MacOS|Linux/) && !Ext.os.is.BlackBerry6);
    }
    }
    );
    </script>

Thanks
    Bob

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers

And here's the rest of the fix. Use this override to fix tap events not firing because the system thinks there's a movement when you press on the screen.

Note Sencha, there's probably a better way to do this, so please don't stop working on this issue. Based on our tests the Windows 8 devices that are on the way are going to be screaming fast, and highly usable especially in a corporate or high risk environment (military, healthcare, etc.) where ease of configuration and ability to ruggedize the platform are both highly desirable. We just tested a new ruggedized device that has a hotswappable battery that made our application blazing fast (we have a pretty complex app) and weighs in at just 3.3 lbs. (iPAD with a heavy duty case is around 2.5 - 3.5 lbs).

Ext.define('Ext.ux.touch.fixes.event.Tap', {
    override:'Ext.event.recognizer.Tap',

onTouchStart: function(e) {
    this.startPoint = e.touch.point;
    },

onTouchMove: function(e) {
    var point = e.touch.point;
    if (Math.abs(this.startPoint.x - point.x) > 20 || Math.abs(this.startPoint.y - point.y) > 20){
    this.fire('tapcancel', e, [e.changedTouches[0]]);
    return this.callOverridden(arguments);
    }
    }
    });

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mohierf is on a distinguished road

Hi badgerb1,
    many thanks about your source code. It is running well on my Win8 Panel PC ...

Please Sencha, do not forget Win 8 platforms in the next release ...

Best regards

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Glad to help.

Hopefully, Sencha is working on an IE version of touch so that our sites will work on the RT platform too. We may need to look into what it would take to refactor things to make it work there.

Or even better hopefully Microsoft (and for that matter Apple) opens things up for the other browsers a little so that they can take advantage of the same APIs that IE is accessing to get it's speed.

Thanks
    Bob

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mohierf is on a distinguished road

Hi Bob,
    hopefully it would be nice to hear a full compatibility of sencha touch with the new amazing IE10 on Win 8 ... even on the embedded version of the OS ...
    See you ...