Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for SDKTOOLS-188 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Jan Pogadl is on a distinguished road

Default [BUG] Sencha Cmd 3.0.0.181 app upgrade

[BUG] Sencha Cmd 3.0.0.181 app upgrade

Hi,

so here is another try creating an new app and immediately upgrade it to a newer ext version.
    Since SDKTOOLS-158 got fixed it is now possible to upgrade to a newer Version (4.1.2a to 4.1.3 2012-09-27).

But when i compare the state of all the files in the app-structure before and after upgrading it seems that the upgrade process is duplicating entries in two files.

ext.dir in ${app.dir}/.sencha/workspace/sencha.cfg
    Code:
    <snip>
    #workspace.classpath=
    workspace.build.dir=${workspace.dir}/build/${app.name}
    ext.dir=${workspace.dir}/ext
    ext.dir=${workspace.dir}/ext
    and somehow the Main View and Controller gets added twice ${app.dir}/app/app.js
    Code:
    Ext.application({
        controllers: ["Main","Main"],

views: ["Main","Main"],

<snip>
    Whilst upgrading the process complains that the workspace does not have an ext framework (upgrade-output.txt)

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Please include the exact commands you are running so we can check for typos or other issues.

Thanks for helping shake down the beta - we really appreciate all the feedback
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Jan Pogadl is on a distinguished road

I Just run those two commands, nothing else inbetween.

Code:
    C:\>sencha --sdk-path=C:\_tools\Sencha\ext\ext-4.1.2a generate app --path=C:\_projects\testapp
    C:\_projects\testapp>sencha app upgrade --path=C:\_tools\Sencha\ext\extjs-4.1.3

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

We'll look into that using the 4.1.3 nightly build. If you could run the second command with "-debug" enabled that might give some clues, but we will try that on our side as well of course.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    chrisfarrell is on a distinguished road

Default using 'upgrade' to upgrade Cmd

using 'upgrade' to upgrade Cmd

Not using 'upgrade' for ext sdk, just Cmd.

I installed Cmd (build 181) and wanted to upgrade an existing app from 141.

I used:
    $ cd path/to/MyApp
    $ sencha app upgrade -p path/to/ext4.1.1a

1. Is this an appropriate usage of 'upgrade'?

2. On running this, all of my files were stored in .sencha_backup and a whole new set of files was generated. There was no merge, just a complete replacement. I simply replaced the new app/ and resource/ files with my original files from .sencha_backup.
    Is this supposed to happen?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    kkrohe is on a distinguished road

Yes, this is the correct way to the upgrade command, but we appear to have a new bug with it.

During the app upgrade process, there are a handful of things that need updating, but we appear to be improperly detecting that most of the app structure hasn't changed, so we are re-generating too much data. That's what's responsible for the duplication of entries in the config file and app.js.

I've pushed to the bug tracker accordingly.