Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for SDKTOOLS-188 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Jan Pogadl is on a distinguished road

Default [BUG] Sencha Cmd 3.0.0.181 app upgrade

[BUG] Sencha Cmd 3.0.0.181 app upgrade

Hi,

so here is another try creating an new app and immediately upgrade it to a newer ext version.
    Since SDKTOOLS-158 got fixed it is now possible to upgrade to a newer Version (4.1.2a to 4.1.3 2012-09-27).

But when i compare the state of all the files in the app-structure before and after upgrading it seems that the upgrade process is duplicating entries in two files.

ext.dir in ${app.dir}/.sencha/workspace/sencha.cfg
    Code:
    <snip>
    #workspace.classpath=
    workspace.build.dir=${workspace.dir}/build/${app.name}
    ext.dir=${workspace.dir}/ext
    ext.dir=${workspace.dir}/ext
    and somehow the Main View and Controller gets added twice ${app.dir}/app/app.js
    Code:
    Ext.application({
        controllers: ["Main","Main"],

views: ["Main","Main"],

<snip>
    Whilst upgrading the process complains that the workspace does not have an ext framework (upgrade-output.txt)

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Please include the exact commands you are running so we can check for typos or other issues.

Thanks for helping shake down the beta - we really appreciate all the feedback
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Jan Pogadl is on a distinguished road

I Just run those two commands, nothing else inbetween.

Code:
    C:\>sencha --sdk-path=C:\_tools\Sencha\ext\ext-4.1.2a generate app --path=C:\_projects\testapp
    C:\_projects\testapp>sencha app upgrade --path=C:\_tools\Sencha\ext\extjs-4.1.3

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

We'll look into that using the 4.1.3 nightly build. If you could run the second command with "-debug" enabled that might give some clues, but we will try that on our side as well of course.
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    chrisfarrell is on a distinguished road

Default using 'upgrade' to upgrade Cmd

using 'upgrade' to upgrade Cmd

Not using 'upgrade' for ext sdk, just Cmd.

I installed Cmd (build 181) and wanted to upgrade an existing app from 141.

I used:
    $ cd path/to/MyApp
    $ sencha app upgrade -p path/to/ext4.1.1a

1. Is this an appropriate usage of 'upgrade'?

2. On running this, all of my files were stored in .sencha_backup and a whole new set of files was generated. There was no merge, just a complete replacement. I simply replaced the new app/ and resource/ files with my original files from .sencha_backup.
    Is this supposed to happen?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    kkrohe will become famous soon enough

Yes, this is the correct way to the upgrade command, but we appear to have a new bug with it.

During the app upgrade process, there are a handful of things that need updating, but we appear to be improperly detecting that most of the app structure hasn't changed, so we are re-generating too much data. That's what's responsible for the duplication of entries in the config file and app.js.

I've pushed to the bug tracker accordingly.