Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for SDKTOOLS-173 in a recent build.
    Vote Rating
    powellke is on a distinguished road

Default sencha ant production build does not work for Ext JS apps

sencha ant production build does not work for Ext JS apps

I installed 181 and created a new app (using 4.1.2a sdk)

Code:
    sencha generate app TestApp c:\projects\TestApp
    Then, I went to the c:\projects\TestApp folder and ran

Code:
    sencha ant production build
    and got this response:

Code:
    Sencha Cmd v3.0.0.181
    [ERROR]         Target "production" does not exist in the project "@@@".
    If I use the old command
    Code:
    sencha app build production
    it doesn't give me an error, but it also doesn't result in a production folder under the build folder; just a folder name TestApp. The only files that get copied to the build\TestApp folder are index.html and all-classes.js.

Am I missing a step?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

The different environment options (e.g., "production") are still touch-specific in their handling, but we must have missed adding "no op" targets for them in the Ext JS side to allow the commands to execute.

"sencha ant build" should work for both frameworks using the default environment for Sencha Touch.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating

I also transplanted your post from its original location on the announcement thread. Sorry for any confusion on that but we cannot link individual posts from a thread to our bug tracker.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Curtis Fletcher is on a distinguished road

Now I've dug down into it I think my problem here:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?244917-3.0.0.181-Ext-JS-4.1.1a-unable-to-disable-yui-compression

I
    s the same. I managed to discover your workaround during discovery however this doesn't solve my base problem which is that a testing build appears to be impossible. Is there a workaround to disable compression on an Ext JS build?

Thread Participants: 2