Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Albareto is on a distinguished road

Default Problems installing Sencha SDK tools

Problems installing Sencha SDK tools

Hi there,

I start the installation of the SDK tools, pretty straight forward, click next, next, Accept, install, etc...

And then it doesn't do anything! It just says "Preparing to install", and it keeps it there until the end of the world, just doing nothing... I have check the Windows' logs and it doesn't say anything about errors or anything, what can be the cause?

Screenshot of the 'dead' point.

Setup_2012-10-01_09-21-47.png

Any help would be very appreciated.

I am using Windows 7 x64

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

For some reason the executable I had was not working, I tried with another one provided by a colleague and it installed. Weird thing: we both downloaded it from the official Sencha site. My version has date 31-08-2012 his version is 01-07-2012...

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Just double-checking that you are intended to use SDK Tools V2 (for Sencha Touch 2.0)...

You will need Sencha Cmd V3 (name change) found below for Sencha Touch 2.1.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ha-Cmd-V3-Beta
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

After that I tried to install CMD v3 in Program Files (x86) and was not able (same problem), in Program Files also was not possible, then I used the default folder, that for some reason points to %USERPROFILE%\bin and it installed there. I really cannot understand anything, has anyone have something like this? Also other question is why the CMD installer gets the default installation folder in the user profile's folder, I don't think it is the most wanted place for Windows users...

Now I have my CMD installed and working, not where I wanted it installed but so far I can continue working.

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

The default location was chosen to allow non-administrative users to install Sencha Cmd. We plan to add the "All Users" option to the installer though.
    Don Griffin

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ok, I imagined there was something behind it. Still find it strange that I was not able to install it in Program Files, I was able to install other software. My main concern is that it just stopped at the beginning of the installation process (as shown in the screenshot in first message) with no progress or message shown.

Vote Rating

We use the same installer tooling so we may have the same issue in Cmd, but that is the V2 installer. Are you seeing the same behavior in Cmd V3 installer?

If so, it may be because we don't acquire admin privileges during the install and something does not handle that internally. Just a guess of course
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes, in CMD v3 I saw the same behavior and I was only able to install it under %USERPROFILE%/bin

Might be nice to show a message that the installation cannot proceed or something like that in that cases. Just for improvement Thanks for your replies and your support by the way!

Thread Participants: 1