Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    fily55 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: EXTJS have button on top of panel

Unanswered: EXTJS have button on top of panel

This is kind of a tricky one to describe in words. Here is a picture of my panel:
    Untitled.png

There is a container with a border layout to wrap the "Nav" panel to west and "Tab 1 Panel" to center. There is a button clicked ("Tab 1") and you can see that a button clicked has its width increased. My aim is to have this button show outside of the nav panel and over the tab 1 panel.
    Hope this makes sense, Any help appreciated.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Sounds painful.

So you want the button width to increase when it is clicked, such that it overlaps the other region?

There are probably a number of CSS hacks to get this to work but my first thought is that perhaps you could make the buttons floating and position them manually in the navigation region so that they look like normal children even though they aren't. You can then just set the width and it should automatically sit above your main region.

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!...n-cfg-floating

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    fily55 is on a distinguished road

I set it floating but the button just disappears. I should mention that these panels are in a window. This is probably going to be very tricky. I think a css hack would probably be best.

Thread Participants: 1