Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    abrizvi is on a distinguished road

Default Hello World Example

Hello World Example

Hi All,

I've been trying to get Sencha Touch 2 on my android tablet. I'm fairly new to ST2. So far, I created an app using 'sencha generate app MyApp path/to/my/App'. I'm assuming I need to do a native build so I ran the command 'sencha app build native'. When I run the command, I get a "Content is not allowed in trailing section" org.xml.sax.SAXParseException in my build.xml file in the android sdk directory. Also, I don't see any files being populated in the folder I specified in the output path. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Windows 7/ 64-bit/ Sencha2.0.1.1
    Bruce

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Moved to ST2 forums.

Scott.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Should this be moved to the Cmd forums instead?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You are correct .. Hopefully the OP does not get lost

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks guys,

I've tried all the tutorials and documents online but no luck. I'm still looking into it. thanks in advance.

Bruce

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Update

Update

Hi,

Update. I still can't successfully build the package. However, I did manage to view the semi-build before it gave me the error: "filename or extension is too long". I'm trying to deploy a generic code using sencha on my tablet without using a web server. thanks

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

If you can upgrade to Sencha Touch 2.1 Beta 3, you can use the new packager in Sencha Cmd V3 which has a lot of bug fixes.

If you need to stick with Sencha Touch 2.0.x, you'll need to use Sencha SDK Tools V2.

It looks like you are using Sencha Touch 2.0.1.1, but what about the version of the tooling?
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi,

I'm using Sencha Touch 2.0.1.1 and SDK Tool 2.0.0-Beta3. I don't see any version listed. Should I uninstall and use version 2.1 Beta 3? Thanks

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by abrizvi View Post
    Hi,

I'm using Sencha Touch 2.0.1.1 and SDK Tool 2.0.0-Beta3. I don't see any version listed. Should I uninstall and use version 2.1 Beta 3? Thanks
    That mostly depends on where you are in your project. If you can, upgrading to Sencha Touch 2.1 beta 3 and Cmd V3 should bring you a lot of bug fixes and such, but you will also have some beta issues to deal with.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"