Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    in4p will become famous soon enough

Default Sencha Touch + Sencha Cmd on Blackberry (via Cordova)

Sencha Touch + Sencha Cmd on Blackberry (via Cordova)

REQUIRED INFORMATIONExt version tested:
    • Sencha Touch 2.0.1.1
    • Sencha Cmd 2.0.0 Beta3
    • Cordova 2.x+
    Browser versions tested against:
    • Blackberry OS 6
    • Blackberry OS10
    Description:
    • Sencha app, once turned into production build (via Sencha Cmd), does not run on Blackberry (on Cordova wrapped deployment). No visual elements from the Sencha code appear, and it seems that nothing in the app.js gets executed.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • 1. Build the skeleton app via sencha generate app
    • 2. Build a production version of the app via sencha app build production
    • 3. (Optional) Wrap in Cordova
    • 4. Try to launch app on a device or even via Ripple emulator
    The result that was expected:
    • App should work
    The result that occurs instead:
    • App does not work
    • Note, the code that is not production built by Sencha cmd works. Only after running sencha app build production does the code no longer work on the Blackberry devices.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Any errors being thrown?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

No errors are thrown. Sencha cmd runs without any issue (the production build code does work with iOS and Android upon wrapping with Cordova).
    On running it (after Cordova wrapping) on a Blackberry, the index.html loads, but nothing further loads. The remote debugger doesn't show that there is any execution of the app.js code so obviously none of the visual elements appear in the dom either.

Vote Rating
    NaveenanM is on a distinguished road

Hi There,

Have you tested it on BlackBerry Dev Alpha device? If so, have you produced the bar file? Please provide some more info such as the project structure and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks
    Naveenan Murugesu
    BlackBerry Application Development Consultant
    nmurugesu@rim.com
    https://developer.blackberry.com/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

@naveenanm: Not 100% sure on your question.

Per my initial post, while I my only applications have much more complex structure, I was just trying to get the Sencha skeleton app to load on a BB as a Proof of Concept.

The structure of that app can be seen via the screenshot (or you can just create one yourself).
    structure.png
    With respect to the Cordova /Webworks side of the wrapping, I used the following:
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-...berry-webworks and followed the instructions.

I noticed that you have a RIM email address. If you are in the Kitchener/Waterloo area I'm happy to meet up with you and walk through what I did and see if we can trouble shoot the issue.

I did manage to get the POC to work (on a Dev Alpha Device) by using the code, without production building via Sencha cmd. Unfortunately, my own code is much more complex and thus far I have been unable to get it to load properly (it loads, backend logic runs, but visual elements are not showing up in the viewport). Moreover, my 'work around' will not build to a package for the OS5,6,7 devices because of issues wrapping files included as part of Sencha (and I haven't even begun to figure those issues out yet).

Vote Rating
    NaveenanM is on a distinguished road

Hi There,

I dont live in the Waterloo/Kitechener region. But, I have my team members living in that region and if need be, I might be able to setup a meeting with them. Can you send me your contact info?

Thanks
    Naveenan Murugesu
    BlackBerry Application Development Consultant
    nmurugesu@rim.com
    https://developer.blackberry.com/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Betsy_Robert is on a distinguished road

Default Blackberry and wrapped in cordova 2.0.0

Blackberry and wrapped in cordova 2.0.0

Were you able to solve this issue???

Because I am facing the problem with the blackberry phone. None of the visual elements are getting displayed on the screen, and I know for sure that the logic is running because I can see only a portion of the first page (the last porion of the first page).

Can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I have to get this done ASAP.

Thanks a million in advance.

Waiting for your response.....3

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

@Betsy_Robert
    This bug is in reference to an issue that seems to be resolved under ST 2.1.

The issue you seem to be encountering is different - I believe it's related to the following:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ebworks-Issues

There's a solution posted in that thread. I wasn't able to get it to work, but some people seem to have had some success. Good luck!