Vote Rating
    La Muerte Peluda is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: iOS 6: page shifts up after using keyboard input on iPad

Unanswered: iOS 6: page shifts up after using keyboard input on iPad

Hi,

I'm working on iPad2 updated to iOS6 and I've noticed that both ST2 (2.0.1.1) WebApps and Phonegapped native apps (with cordova 2.1.0) show a strange behavior: after putting some text in a text field (a login panel, in my case), when the keyboard hides back, then the whole view appears shifted up by something like 20px or so, hiding the toolbar partially.
    Does anybody have hints for this? I know iOS6 is not fully supported but this appears a minor issue that could be fixed with some small hack, even though it's quite annoying.
    I attach a screenshot of my app highlighting the problem.

IMG_0015.PNG

Thanks!

Vito

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I have not seen this on any app that I have.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Lodda is on a distinguished road

I also observered that issue with sencha touch 2.1 + cordova 2.2.0 + ios6.

It is triggered e.g. from a long form and one taps into a upper input field of the form.

(How) Did you solved this?

thx

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Lodda is on a distinguished road

weird - the same page up shift and offset can be observed with the ootb safari and the google page. just tap into the search field, the keyboard is opened and the page shifted up. close the keyboard -> the page is not shifted down the same amount.

see also workarounds here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...rtual-keyboard

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Just to resurrect this old thread and get a fix eventually.
    In ST 2.2.0 (commercial) - open the Kitchen Sink on an iPad 2 running iOS 6.1.3 and have the device in landscape mode with home button to the left.
    Go to User Interface -> Forms -> Form Panel.
    Click the "Bio" field to popup the keyboard.
    Click the "hide keyboard" button.

The result is not that nice and I have not found a work-around.

/Mattias

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    osolano is on a distinguished road

Default iOS 6: page shifts up after using keyboard input on iPad:

iOS 6: page shifts up after using keyboard input on iPad:

I also experienced this issue on the iPad. This happens specifically to my forms which are modal views that are centered on the screen. It will sometimes shift up if the field is too low, and it will shift the screen to the left showing white space which is weird also.