Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for SDKTOOLS-199 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    chrisfarrell is on a distinguished road

Default Using 'upgrade' command overwrites files

Using 'upgrade' command overwrites files

After installing Cmd build 181, I ran the 'upgrade' command, like so:
    $ cd path/to/app
    $ sencha app upgrade -p path/to/ext

All of my app files were regenerated from scratch! Same with the resources folder. Yikes.
    Fortunately, I use git, and also a .sencha_backup folder was generated - which had everything
    I needed in it.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Certainly if any source was overwritten that would be a bug. Which files in particular were overwritten?
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    Certainly if any source was overwritten that would be a bug. Which files in particular were overwritten?
    I noticed that with "packager.json". Now this has some pro and cons. If you add new features to the packager file then at least we kind of get notified about. But would be nice if you could make a backup of the file before...

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

I have opened a bug in our bug tracker. Thanks for the specifics.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    chrisfarrell is on a distinguished road

Default all app/ and resources/ files

all app/ and resources/ files

I noticed this with ALL files in my app/ and resources/ directories.

Everything was regenerated, as if a brand new app.

Vote Rating

We use this to regenerate certain files, but there are apparently some files that have not been properly marked as "don't regenerate". We'll look at this right away.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Thread Participants: 2