Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bingles is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Font Size Fluctuation and Inconsistency

Unanswered: Font Size Fluctuation and Inconsistency

Greetings,

I am currently working on a ST2 powered web-app and experiencing something odd with the consistency of font-size across the entire app. Initially I thought it might be due to a font-size attribute I was setting in the custom SASS file, but when I strip all "font-size" properties from my SASS file I still see fonts rendering inconsistently.

We are pushing views from multiple "root" views, but with no font-size property set I would expect all fonts to render the same size. Am I missing something? Please note I am not talking about font-size across multiple devices...this is font-size in general for the app itself.

Check out the attached images and the path taken to arrive each view. They are the exact same view with same components - the only difference is the path in which the user has taken to arrive there. Keep in mind I have removed ALL custom font attributes, so it is purely referencing Sencha's styles at this point (have tested on Chrome, iOS emulator, and iPhone running app locally).

User Path: Dashboard View (Root View) > Team Profile

TeamProfile1.png

User Path: Dashboard View (Root View) > Programs View (Root View) > Team Profile

TeamProfile2.png

Notice how the second "Team Profile" view has a larger font size? With no font's set for the entire app I would expect it to be the same regardless of how you arrive at the view. Can someone please explain to me what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance!
    Brian

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

I'd also like to know why this happens. When I go from testing to production I notice the change.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

When you build the CSS (or SASS) is not touched but the file is just copied so the builder does not do anythign with CSS, purely just minifies JavaScript
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.