Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how you got dismissed from this:

We have been discussing this internally for some time, so we are definitely not just dismissing this potentially significant development in the JS world. The fact that the definition files can be separated from the core of the framework is also a big plus, obviously.

No decisions yet, but stay tuned.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    oohogwash is on a distinguished road

Default not you

not you

I think this was part of the dismissive bit

"Or you can write correct and productive JavaScript without the need of any compiler like coffeescript or typescript."

If you read through the thread you see it a bit.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oohogwash View Post
    I think this was part of the dismissive bit

"Or you can write correct and productive JavaScript without the need of any compiler like coffeescript or typescript."

If you read through the thread you see it a bit.
    Not sure how you got dismissive there either. Was just expressing my feelings on it as this is "Open Discussion" forum.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

A number of folks interpreted your comments that way. I can understand that they are your own comments, but when you have a role in the company such as yours it is easy to interpret this as a view from the company and people within it.

Add to this the fact that this is a key decision for Sencha folks like myself are hoping you take the right path forward. Which in my case is not to ignore the reason people are keen on TypeScript but to listen, learn from that and make a better offering.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oohogwash View Post
    A number of folks interpreted your comments that way. I can understand that they are your own comments, but when you have a role in the company such as yours it is easy to interpret this as a view from the company and people within it.

Add to this the fact that this is a key decision for Sencha folks like myself are hoping you take the right path forward. Which in my case is not to ignore the reason people are keen on TypeScript but to listen, learn from that and make a better offering.
    I personally disagree. They were obviously personal comments and in no way did I ever say no.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Well I am glad you have clarified your position. Sorry for misinterpreting your comments.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough

Anything that can help us stay away of the JS nightmare is a big plus imho.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brantpeery is on a distinguished road

Default You know what IS ugly...

You know what IS ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Just another compiler to make things ugly
    The fact that I have to have a browser window open to your API documentation for EVERYTHING that I do in Extjs because it is TOO BIG TO FIT INTO MY BRAIN. Getting help at any level from the IDE for that would be sexy, not ugly.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    joeri has a spectacular aura about joeri has a spectacular aura about joeri has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by brantpeery View Post
    The fact that I have to have a browser window open to your API documentation for EVERYTHING that I do in Extjs because it is TOO BIG TO FIT INTO MY BRAIN. Getting help at any level from the IDE for that would be sexy, not ugly.
    This is what PHPStorm (WebStorm) gives me:

example1.pngexample2.png

I still have to keep the docs open for config parameters though.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Dhugal can only hope to improve

I personally disagree. They were obviously personal comments and in no way did I ever say no.
    Mitchell - I took your comments as dismissive and given that your avatar indicates you work for Sencha and you made no clear indication that these were personal comments they appeared to be from Sencha as a whole.

From an outside perspective you have someone who, from his avatar appears to work for Sencha, responding to the initial query as follows:

Just another compiler to make things ugly
    Followed by

Or you can write correct and productive JavaScript without the need of any compiler like coffeescript or typescript.
    Both comments comes across as dismissive in my opinion and if the comments are not from Sencha (even though I believe they are made by a Sencha employee) then that should be made clear.

If Mitchell works for Sencha and you've been discussing it internally for some time then why didn't he say - "I don't like that idea but we are looking at it internally"

Having worked with various toolkits most vendors have forums set up with staff who's role is to man those forums and supply company sanctioned advice, support and comments to users to their products. To have members of the company, using avatars which tie them to the company, but posting personal opinions is asking for confusion.